Aussie Locker for daily driver on snow and icy roads (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.huntingadventures.net
So what do you think? I had a 76 CJ5 with a detroit locker in the rear. An awesome traction adding device, but left me freaked out a few times at highway speed with random locking.

I had a 93 toyota pickup with a Tru trac front and rear. It was only okay at best off road. Still spun a tire when in the air and did not lock enough to get me going.

So is the Aussie Locker designed any better then the detroit locker for that annoying highway speed icy road engagement problem the Detroit locker sometimes decides to do for you?

Will be very similar to your detroit.

:meh:

All autolockers work the same way. Detroit, lockrite and Aussie are essential the same mechanical design principles.
When one tire slips or loses traction, both wheels are locked to the carrier. Otherwise, when both tires have traction on the pavement, one side is driving and the other side is ratcheting. The drive side switches side to side when you turn different directions or when you go from drive to coast.

One icy roads, when one tire loses traction the other side will often lose traction soon and then you can go side ways really quick.

I have one in my 40. I drive in winter conditions alot and just get used to it wanting to slide the rear out more. I just change how I drive it on ice. But then again mud tires and ice don't mix anyway. I wouldn't decide not buy it because of how it handles on ice. With slow starts it offers more traction to get going. On a icy highway I drive slow.

So X2 on what poser said:meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom