Aussie/JDM dual battery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks, 1993 JDM.

What are y'all with right hand drive using to relocate the windshield fluid reservoir?

As a bonus question, which battery tray is it to add a battery to the right side?

Any pics and ideas would be great as I need to install dual batteries.

Cheers

I use one of the below battery trays and their washer bottle relocation bracket (cant find an image online).
It puts the bottle between the air cleaner and brake booster - will post picture when I get home

1676844608235.png

I use one of the below battery trays and their washer bottle relocation bracket (cant find an image online).
It puts the bottle between the air cleaner and brake booster - will post picture when I get home

View attachment 3252718
If you can snap a pic that'd be fantastic. This tray is for the dual/2nd battery?

Batt trays should be the same between left and right driver models-
74403-60100 - This is the passenger-side tray of a left-side-driver 80.
74043-60010 - This is the driver-side tray of a left-side-driver 80.
And assuming the washer bottle location is the same but opposite that of a left-side driver 80, you can use this to relocate it - SLEE - Washer Bottle Relocation Kit - Slee Off Road - https://sleeoffroad.com/products/sok1001/
I'm using all three in my '93 USM 80.

74403-60100 - This is the passenger-side tray of a left-side-driver 80.
74043-60010 - This is the driver-side tray of a left-side-driver 80.
And assuming the washer bottle location is the same but opposite that of a left-side driver 80, you can use this to relocate it - SLEE - Washer Bottle Relocation Kit - Slee Off Road - https://sleeoffroad.com/products/sok1001/
I'm using all three in my '93 USM 80.
Water bottle is on right side, same side as master cylinder

Water bottle is on right side, same side as master cylinder

Master cylinder and booster will change your relocate options for RHD.

I bought an OEM right side battery tray fairly recently from partsouq. Price was tolerable.

I haven't looked to hard at washer bottle relocation options yet, so haven't installed it.

Master cylinder and booster will change your relocate options for RHD.

I bought an OEM right side battery tray fairly recently from partsouq. Price was tolerable.

I haven't looked to hard at washer bottle relocation options yet, so haven't installed it.
Cheers, thanks bud. I'll keep looking, maybe aftermarket reservoir will be needed.

For the piranha battery tray, how exact are the measurements for batteries that can fit? Am getting a wee bit tired of the OEM trays cracking and have been looking at the piranha tray but they are listed to fit a 300mm battery and no other dimensions. The problem is that my current batteries are:

Continental XHD31C
L- 330.2mm
W- 172.9mm
H- 239.7mm

Ill measure the dimensions of it when i get home from work but as i understand is based on the standard battery for an 80 Series as per below
You could bend one of the tabs on length end flat and then fit the Grp31 battrey in however I think it would come very close to your radiator shroud

have a look at the pics, only way to fit a Grp31 battery will be to fold down that turned up edge but it will be very close to the radiator shroud

WidthHeightLength
173mm224mm305mm

battery.JPG

battery2.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom