Aussie HJ47 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Chassis should be finished by Sunday .

Chassis1.jpg
Chassis2.jpg
Chassis3.jpg

Bit of an update. The chassis has been painted now and I put a couple of bits and pieces on to save them lying around. Also got the gear I need to rebuild all the brakes and bearing for the rear diff. Happy Days.

IMG_0252.jpg
IMG_0294.jpg

What else do you do over Easter when you cant go Wheeling but pull apart and clean up the rear diff and brake parts. Just got to get the bits and pieces to rebuild it now.

IMG_0319.jpg
IMG_0321.jpg
IMG_0322.jpg
IMG_0323.jpg
IMG_0324.jpg

Been a little while since I updated the thread. Since last time I have managed to fix up some rust and get the tub sanded back. Today added some color to it. Hopefully I will finish the color in the next few days.
Rust1.jpg
Rust2.jpg

Been a little while since I put up any pics of the progress on this build. I now have all the panels painted and have started putting her back together. All new genuine rubbers and seals have also been put in. I have started on the tray. The wiring is at a mates place being sorted and I should have it back soon to put back in.
IMG_0568.jpg
IMG_0569.jpg
IMG_0654.jpg
IMG_0655.jpg

Well a bit more of an update on the 47. We got the engine fired up after it had been sitting for at least 8mths. Turned over about 4 times then fired (got to love old school). I have been playing around with the tray design and have fitted my gas bottle and BBQ to a set of slides to be able to slide it out and cook on the side of the road. The 47 is now up at the auto electricians getting the wiring finished then all I have left to do is suspension and exhaust and I should be able to register her. There will probably be a few little things still to do but most of the major work should be done.

BBQ Slide.jpg
IMG_0719.JPG

A bit more progress on the 47. All the electrics are pretty well done, engine starts and stops with the key, front suspension is in and she is now registered again.

Springs.jpg
Suspension.jpg

I was just thinking that it has been a while since I posted on the progress of the 47. A fair bit has happened since last post. She is all up and registered and driving around town. I still havent taken her on a good long trip but that will happen next week when I do almost 1000klms with work. I have put the spotlights on and will be getting a winch hopefully this week while I am away. The battery cradles are built and fitted along with the BBQ, and fridges. Next thing after fitting the winch will be to start on finishing the tray.

Battery Tray.jpg
Build.jpg
Spotlights.jpg

Spotlights are now fitted along with the winch and scrub rails. Just got to get the winch wired up and then it will be time to slow down until I can afford to finish off the canopy. I am still getting used to driving this thing with the 12ht engine fitted. Every time I hit a bump I am kangaroo hopping down the road. Probably doesnt help with no weight in the rear end and such heavy springs fitted.

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

Hi Ken, I see your roof console has hinges, how is it fixed in place? Do you have any photos of the latches/pins? You have done a brilliant job

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom