Aussie FJ 45 Resto (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hay everyone just thought i'd post some pics of a resto/mod FJ 45 I'm slowly working on.
MyYota010.jpg

MyYota008.jpg

This is what it looked like last week. Getting ready for primer.
Apart from removing rust from the body it's had a slight bob of the rear.:D
Anyway thought I'd show off my pride and joy. Just wish I could drive it!!

Last edited:
Are you bobbing the bed too? Or are you just doing the frame and adding a tray-back?

Hey the steering wheel is on the wrong side! ;). Looks good - please post more pix as you go.

Steve

Hay Uted nice to see ya here!!:)
Well there is some more to add to the resto/mod. It's now in primer and hopefully I'll pic it up soon:) The FJ45 came with a tray and the only other option for the 45 in australia was a long bed. But dam i would love to sorce a short bed from the USA. But being a student I have a very TIGHT budget.:crybaby: Any hoo hear is a pic.
Heres the rear hope you can see the bob!
My%20Yota%20019.jpg

^ hear is the bob, it's just after the spring hanger.
By the way it's a 73 model with the 2f on petrol/LPG
Plans include some 35" tyres
when the budet permits:
stronger diffs
short bed from the US of A
Cage
better put in a stereo to.

Last edited:
I was at a swap meet lately and found a windshild frame with, glass, wiper motor, hinges all with no rust and they wanted $30 for it. BARGAN. I started striping it down last week and only found a small crack, oh and four different colours that it had been painted! :rolleyes:
Since looking around this site I've started thinking of doing the front up to look like the older FJ 25's. Who knows? Pics will be up soon on the progress to date.
Cheers Mash

Well toyday I started to sand back the wipermotor case. I have been toying with the idea of painting the beast blue, but since I've had no way to visualise what it would look like I decided to head down to the local auto store and buy a blue can of paint. Hears what it looked like.
Think it came up good!!:eek:
DSCN0074.JPG

Oh and I was threatend not to copy the girlfriends old man and try to paint it this colour!!
DSCN0083.JPG

Notice mine in the background? We both started to work on our pride and joys toyday.
Cheers Mash :)

Um dont know whats happening but if you copy and past the link in the dialogue box up top should send you to the pics site:frown:
Cheers Mash

Not much has happend lately as I've been wondering what to do to the back. After looking at countless photos of 45's with a bobbed bed have decided that I'm gonna moddify a tray to put on her. I think this will take the focus off the arse end and create a more balanced look. Who no's maybe its just me??
Since not much has happend theres no more pics yet will get some up soon!
Cheers Mash:)

65-fj45 said:
Flat bed it

Yep thats the plan now, everyone is telling me to flat bed it!! Hope to have some more progress reports soon.

hey mash, what are you doing to it. I've got a 73 as well. Australia needs more people driving 40's. i painted mine a completly different colour, try the new ford range, I've gone with the citric acid ( a bright greeny yellow), with silver and black hilites. looks tough and stands out like the preverbial dogs.
Cheers toad

cruisingtoad said:
hey mash, what are you doing to it. I've got a 73 as well. Australia needs more people driving 40's. i painted mine a completly different colour, try the new ford range, I've gone with the citric acid ( a bright greeny yellow), with silver and black hilites. looks tough and stands out like the preverbial dogs.
Cheers toad

I agree about people driving 40's! Am going to paint the old girl Blue. Since my home town is the state capital for hot rods it's gonna stand out like the preverbial dogs no matter what. Even more so if i can get it on 35's

engine options

Hi Mash,
What engine options are you considering for your project.
Cutting a hole in the floor pan should be considered ( Fred Flinstone style ) :- very economical with fuel prices the way they are. Another option is to put a 426 hemi in it and to hell with fuel prices.Wouldn't be much thirstier than the 2f and every one loves a 426 mopar at full cry.
It would blast them missuns off.
By the way what part of Oz are you from.
I'm from the part that loves toe joes and of coarse mopars.:bounce:

old toe joe said:
Hi Mash,
What engine options are you considering for your project.
Cutting a hole in the floor pan should be considered ( Fred Flinstone style ) :- very economical with fuel prices the way they are. Another option is to put a 426 hemi in it and to hell with fuel prices.Wouldn't be much thirstier than the 2f and every one loves a 426 mopar at full cry.
It would blast them missuns off.
By the way what part of Oz are you from.
I'm from the part that loves toe joes and of coarse mopars.:bounce:

Yeah your right about putting the 426 in, now if i could get dad out of the shed long enough!!! It's a babby mopar though. Dad has three VC Vals thats he's doing up. As for what part of Oz I'm from, it's Victoria, Castlemaine home of the Hot Rod! :D

Hey Mash stick to the 2f and have a bit of fun before you start changing things.You couldn't have a more reliable understressed motor than the the 2f.From my experience the weak links in the power train is the g/box ,transfere and diffs.If you plan to swap a small block mopar into the beast then you had best have a plan for the rest of the drive train.
When you finish your project you will have to come out 4wd with us.
Couldn't live too far from you.I live near Kyneton.

old toe joe
hj60 - raised susp bilsteins/koni's
small block mopar val for Sundays:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom