Aussie "Arctic Truck" on 35's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Some Build pic's for those that can't log on elsewhere, and additional info from the Photo thread (as my Camera skills don't measure up to some on there!!).

IMG_4388.jpg

1st cut is the hardest!!!
rhguardcut.jpg

lhaftrawflareon.jpg

Flaresraw.jpg

Pre mod and the reason I started to look at it, 31" just won't cut it:clap:
011.jpg

That looks great! Can you post some more photos of your cut out and some side shots with the new boots?

Thanks

x1. if you have more pictures, i'm sure most of us would love to see them. as you noted, getting bigger tires under this rig is key to unlocking its potential.

Very sweet! Other than the cuts and fender mouldings, did you have to do any other metal work? How did you keep the front tires from rubbing either the KDSS or the upper control arms? 37s next?

More cuts and structural bonding in the rear.
aftguardcut.jpg

structuralbonding.jpg

Some Guard reworking.
IMG_4340.jpg

IMG_4336.jpg

Modified front bump stops
bumpstops.jpg

Cut/fibreglassed front flare (for bull bar)
flareglass.jpg

Very sweet! Other than the cuts and fender mouldings, did you have to do any other metal work? How did you keep the front tires from rubbing either the KDSS or the upper control arms? 37s next?

No contact with the correct offset. Rework of front and rear as photo's show (could get away without rear work, but I wanted full articulation).

37" just won't fit:crybaby::crybaby: I'm happy with 35" I think the truck is now perfectly in proportion and works as it should.

ballsbygm,

The truck looks great, any issues with the 35's?

I have been running 34.1" Toyo's for about two weeks and have very little rubbing.

sbly

ballsbygm,

I have been running 34.1" Toyo's for about two weeks and have very little rubbing.

sbly

Did you have to cut to get those 34's to fit? What's the exact size? Which rims? Offset?

ballsbygm,

sbly

Sbly,

NO issue at all with the 35's:D:D, I could have fitted/run them with only minor mods on the street. I had a good lift, so with the wheels/increased offset, good to go. I went the extra so no issues under full travel off road.

Handles great on road (hard to tell the difference), OFF ROAD, well.....feels like a new rig:steer:

You have done well to run 34"odd without rubbing. Do you still have UCA clearance and no other mods (I guess still on standard rims/offset?).

How wide are the 34's?

Got any photo's???

ballsbygm,

As for the rubbing, I had to cut the front mudflaps and I still have some rubbing on the KDSS bar when at a full turn to the left. I also have rubbing on the rear mudflaps when the tires are fully stuffed into the wheel well during offroading.

sbly
P3180075.jpg
P3180040.jpg

Any gearing changes?

very nice! hey did you do the cuts yourself? Are you a bodywork/bodyshop guy? curious about rust proofing etc very nice work paint looks factory new! very nice job

NotHiLandr!,

No gearing changes for me, but like with everything else, we will see as time goes by.

ballsbygm,

The tires are 11.6" wide and I put them on the TRD 17" rims. Oh by the way your truck looks great with the fender flares.

sbly

very nice! hey did you do the cuts yourself? Are you a bodywork/bodyshop guy? curious about rust proofing etc very nice work paint looks factory new! very nice job

No, Aircraft Engineer (but have done some s/metal work, could not earn a living from my Tin skills though!).

This rework was simple enough, all cuts etc were primed/paint protected.

Below is the rework from the cut photo, then inner trim fit giving about 3" more clearance from original guard lip (it was level with Flare lip originally).

lhreworkedguard.jpg

IMG_4337.jpg

wow you are brave!! I would not be able to cut like that; very nice work; so did you get everything from arctic trucks??

Finished off the Bar add on's today (just paint to do), started with just the cut off profile and needed to build each side (set time each side, about 2 Beers
icon_lol.gif
). Note the white tape, handy little accessory, as seen in the cut pic's (will get to that).

IMG_4383.jpg

IMG_4480.jpg

IMG_4481.jpg

IMG_4531.jpg

IMG_4532.jpg

You can see the inner guard trim still removed for Bolt access, I built the Glass up to about 1/4" thick, very solid as advised and required here (not Steel, but next best thing). Now back to the "Tape" it's 12" 3M Polyurethane, low adhesive (time expired from Work so free, no idea normal cost?) very handy as it only just sticks to the paint (almost like strong static). I used it for marking applications (great for a dark car), NO scratch implications for drilling, Jigsaw etc. It's best application though, Fibreglass and Bog can be profiled/filled without release agent and it pops straight off the Flare and Paint with ease, best money not spent
icon_lol.gif
See below, used this trick a fair bit
icon_biggrin.gif

IMG_4535.jpg

wow you are brave!! I would not be able to cut like that; very nice work; so did you get everything from arctic trucks??

NO, All from Fjallasport (just down the road from Arctic Truck). Better Flares, way cheaper and will deal with you. Arctic want your Truck in Iceland to do the Mod (just a little bit far from Australia!!!).

They do use Arctic Truck Wheels, but FJallasport organise these also. Prices are good, Freight is OK. I could pay more for after market Wheels here, so this was a viable/only option (only Wheels I could find with correct rating/offset etc etc).

A handfull of Guys around the world are now starting to go down the same path, not as difficult/costly as one may think:idea:

cool thanks for the info I do know about fjsport hey by the way any trouble from RTA? I remeber when I was living in Sydney they were really cracking down on modified vehicles; mostly the racers (nisan skyline etc). any others mods need to be done except for the cutting; shocks etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom