August Official Trail Run: Goose Lake August 14th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

At Tuesday's meeting I mentioned to @MontanaLax and @90WT that I was planning to go. Last night I crashed hard while riding down from Hyalite Lake. I broke the law of gravity and the law won. I'm out for Goose Lake. :frown:
Ah man. Super bummer. But is your bike ok? ;)

Any active fires in the area by chance? Know Red Lodge was burning good in Juneish Don't want to make the journey only to get shutdown/road/trail closure. Do not pass go...do not collect $200. Life is a gamble...willing to roll with it.

OnX has a really cool feature now with wildfire layers. Nothing showing for the area.
View attachment 2756619

Here is the link I use for checking fire status,

Trip was fun. A few pics and post-log.
5 rigs made it out to play. 4 camped out Saturday night. Not too much SxS traffic, certainly manageable.
Still recommend 33s and sliders. Moderate lift is a bonus.
Even saw a unicorn up there. @brew8 was great to chat with you!
There is cell reception up there, if you have AT&T, and find the right spot to stand.

IMG-8199.jpg
IMG-8206.jpg
IMG-8233.jpg

Love seeing the pics, looks like it was a good ol' time! Wish my schedule could have been different so I could have made this.

Missed ya' by just a few days again. I was up there (solo vehicle) the last few days of July. Clearly I need to visit this page more often and get with the group! Took my 70 yo dad up there for his first time at Goose. Pretty special to see him and my son fishing together. Flowers were epic but the smoke made the view less than stellar.

More sxs's and quads than we're used to seeing on the lower section. The climb after Star Lake seems to be getting worse every year too.

Goose Lake.JPG
Goose 2.JPG

A few more pics...
PXL_20210814_193233630.jpg
PXL_20210814_193357308.jpg
PXL_20210814_203550539.jpg
PXL_20210814_203602566.jpg
PXL_20210815_005339505.jpg

Nice photos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom