August 2022 Club Run - August 26-28; Western Sierras, Shaver Lake Area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just pulled the d-ring on this event for no good reason.....but plenty of bad ones:(

I caught big wave dave by cell on the grapevine and kindly asked him to relay this.

keep the rubber side down!

Just pulled the d-ring on this event for no good reason.....but plenty of bad ones:(

I caught big wave dave by cell on the grapevine and kindly asked him to relay this.

keep the rubber side down!
Bummer! Thanks for the heads-up!

Great news - we got the desired camp area, so the coordinates in post #1 are good. Here are some additional directions for anyone not navigating by GPS coordinates:

Just before you enter the town of Shaver Lake, turn right on Dinkey Creek Road, towards Dinkey Creek Campground. However, our turnoff is before DCC, so don’t go that far. After passing through Glen Meadow, on your left you’ll see the staging area for the local trails. Just past that staging area the road will curve left, and there will be a turnoff for Rock Creek Road. Turn left there.

You’ll follow Rock Creek Road for about 2 miles, and then you’ll see a small spur road to the right. I’ve posted this sign there:

4E298C56-6027-4385-AFD0-4F7846524B9F.jpeg

Turn right on that spur road, as Robin is indicating:
0AEA5038-5BFA-447A-9726-1B6508438C50.jpeg

Follow that spur almost to the end (it’s a loop). Here’s a good spot to turn to get to the camping area:
D7E1056B-2755-43D7-B50B-B4E471524C16.jpeg

Obviously, the directions above are for anyone coming directly to the campsite, rather than meeting at the Dinkey Creek Staging area on Friday, at 2:00 PM. See you all soon!

My rig developed a power steering leak. :bang: . Looks like a great trip. Can’t wait to read the trip report

Fun trip! Can't wait for all of Patrick's pics and one video from John.

Joel, hope it was a safe trip home!

Another great adventure! Thank you Joe & Robin for all of your preliminary work that made this a great trip.
It was our pleasure! Glad you all could make this trip!

Fun trip! Can't wait for all of Patrick's pics and one video from John.

Joel, hope it was a safe trip home!
Patrick's photos are up on the club website:

Western Sierra

Great photos and looks like a fun trip! Why was Joel's 40 taking a nap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom