Aug 16th - Naches Trail 696 (1 Viewer)

Will you join me for this run to Naches?

• Yup, & camp Saturday night

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sure but I'm leaving Saturday evening for home

• Nope

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'll probably pull my trailer up Friday afternoon and camp at Crow Creek or somewhere near there. Wheel all day Saturday, camp or head home Saturday night.

Trail is listed as "More Difficult" by the forest service, I would rate it at a 2.5 with one or two areas possibly a 3.0 depending on winter storm damage. There are a few pucker areas in regards to drivers side 300'+ cliffs with about six or so feet to spare. The view makes up for it.

This is the same trail some of us went on last year with Chris Woods (formerly with ARB). We will probably be able to get through this trail in about 4-5hrs depending on how many rigs we have. I'll look over my map this weekend and see if I can extend this to another trail and get a good solid 8-10 hours of wheeling out of the day.

Maybe we can work through the details for a potluck dinner Saturday Evening.

Hope a handful of you guys can make it.
:bounce::bounce2::bounce:

Here are some pics from last year -
DSC_8558_stagedatjacks.jpg

Here is one of those "pucker" areas, really not too bad... :grinpimp:
DSC_8668_OntheEdge3.jpg

The infamous lesson on pendulum winching - :doh:
DSC_8676_Willofftrail.jpg

Proper re-cabling after a successful winch exercise - :D
DSC_8614_Brandon_recable.jpg

DSC_8689_THE_HILLatdusk.jpg

I promise no blindfolded driving this year - :steer:

DSC_8653_BlindSpot4.jpg

:popcorn:

Last edited:
I'd like to do this run.

I was thinking of doing that later this summer (but I guess it is later this summer now). We will be on a trip to the Owyhee Mountains in Idaho that weekend though, trying to find the sheep camp my mom and her family use to spend their summers at. If it doesn't work out for that weekend, I might be interested in another weekend, depending on Wendy's work schedule.

:meh:

I'm thinking of moving this to August 30th, that day work better for you guys?

:beer:

Scratch the 30th, there is a wedding I evidently MUST attend...

I remember that "pucker" picture/view very well from the ARB training, I decided to take the turn a little wider to left (closer to the edge) to make the turn easier but didn't realize by doing that, I'd place the pass front tire on the pretty good size rock, any way, I had a couple of guys get on pass side running board another person spoted me out of that cituation.... if I make it this time, I am staying closer to the right :hmm:

I think the 16th may work for me but the 30th would for sure if this trip is still on.

Rain Country is tentatively planning to hit Naches the weekend of the 24th. We don't have any of the details worked out yet. You can keep in touch with us on our relatively new site raincountrycruisers.com.

23rd or 24th

i migt be up for the weekend of the 23rd or 24th ,

August 16th just isn't going to work for me, I know for a fact that nothing is on the schedule for September 13th. No weddings, kids games, out of town family visiting, summer vacation is over, and the puppy will hopefully be pottie trained by then. Anyway too much BS for me to deal with and still get out next weekend. I MUST do this run this summer!

Closing this tread and starting a new one for Sept 13th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom