Events/Trails Aug 12 star gazing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is an open forum and if you would like to sign up to lead a run we will put you down for it.

January:
1. @Cruiser Bauers - Bradshaw Trail January 8-9

February
1. @Loober - Death Valley Feb 11-14

March
1. TDS desert Safari March 6 virtual event scavenger hunt - Truck Haven / Salton Sea

April
1. Cruise Moab, Utah April 10th-17th @Cruiser Bauers

May
1. Mule Days Bishop, May 26-30- @Shanduhh
2. High Desert Round Up Cal Wheel May 28-21- Barstow
3. Alder Canyon, May 30 @Phulcrum

June
1. Rubithon June 23-27 Toyota - Rubicon Trail Event

July
1. Hundreds in the hills. TBD usually July - Silverton Colorado

August
1. @elripster Eastern Seirra

September
1. @Cruiser Bauers Overland Expo West September 24-26 - Flagstaff Arizona

October

November
1. Panamint Valley Days Cal 4 wheel Nov 12-14 -Panamint and death Valley

December
Thursday August 12th- going to watch the Perseid Meteor shower in Anza Borrego. We plan to go to the plateau near Diablo Dropoff (we went for a lunar eclipse and there is minimal light pollution). Sean and I will be leaving Spring Valley by 5:30pm. Plan to make burgers or something yummy once out there. Feel free to tag along! I can share exact coordinates once out there.

Thursday August 12th- going to watch the Perseid Meteor shower in Anza Borrego. We plan to go to the plateau near Diablo Dropoff (we went for a lunar eclipse and there is minimal light pollution). Sean and I will be leaving Spring Valley by 5:30pm. Plan to make burgers or something yummy once out there. Feel free to tag along! I can share exact coordinates once out there.
Interested, are you going out via Hiway 8?

We are going to try making this.... Maybe camp out there for the evening.

Interested, are you going out via Hiway 8?
Yes! 8 east to the s2. Last time we went in through sin nombre and once up on the plateau found a spot free of bushes

I will try my best to make it. I have work at 6:30 in the morning that Friday. What time do you guys plan on heading back (if you do head back that night).

Sean and I won't be camping as he has work the next day too. We will likely leave around midnight. When I have gone out to watch this shower before, I have been able to see quite a bit 10pm-midnight ish
I will try my best to make it. I have work at 6:30 in the morning that Friday. What time do you guys plan on heading back (if you do head back that night)

I expect to be at the Sin Nombre turn off from S2 around 7pm. We can plan to meet anyone that is coming there. We'll be on the radio, and you can also text me at 951-238-9142

May try to make this, but won't be sure until tomorrow late afternoon. Are you going to be on the plateau above the first part of Diablo dropoff? If we are able to meet up (I am also in east county) we can join you through CSN, otherwise we will probably just take the shortest route, Vallecito Wash to Arroyo Seco Del Diablo.

What frequency will you be monitoring?

May try to make this, but won't be sure until tomorrow late afternoon. Are you going to be on the plateau above the first part of Diablo dropoff? If we are able to meet up (I am also in east county) we can join you through CSN, otherwise we will probably just take the shortest route, Vallecito Wash to Arroyo Seco Del Diablo.

What frequency will you be monitoring?
Yes, correct, plateau above the first drop off. We'll be on the club channels, 146.490 as primary, 146.595 as secondary

Unfortunately won’t be able to make it with work. I have a long day tomorrow and need to start early in the AM if I wanna get off at a good time. Be sure to take pictures for me!

Unfortunately won’t be able to make it with work. I have a long day tomorrow and need to start early in the AM if I wanna get off at a good time. Be sure to take pictures for me!
The shower goes through the rest of the month, so you can always try to see it a different day!

Is this still on? We probably wont leave Spring Valley until 6 or 6:30. We will hit McDonalds, gas then be on the road. I'll try to reach you on the club frequencies. If I don't catch you we will see you out there. We are in a silver 200.

Is this still on? We probably wont leave Spring Valley until 6 or 6:30. We will hit McDonalds, gas then be on the road. I'll try to reach you on the club frequencies. If I don't catch you we will see you out there. We are in a silver 200.
Yes, we're still going. We'll have our radio. White 80

Weird. I go to my computer to update my Gaia maps of the area. I check my email and I just got this one. I am not making this up.

1628814544466.png

1628814574987.png

What a coincidence! I was planning to head out there tomorrow night.

Debating whether to bring my 40 or my RAV4.

Will any of you still be there tommorow?

Thanks,

Mike

Hope it was great.... we ran in to some house stuff and were too tired to head out

What a coincidence! I was planning to head out there tomorrow night.

Debating whether to bring my 40 or my RAV4.

Will any of you still be there tommorow?

Thanks,

Mike
We both headed back around midnight. It is muddy in the canyon, so we ended up at the vallecito/arroyo del Diablo junction

20210812_200613.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom