Audiophiles: Tweeter speakers mounted above the seatbelts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mostly just looking for relatively easy/inexpensive ways to improve the sound, without going too far away from the stock look (the :princess: tends to get upset when I suggest cutting holes in "her" car).

Low-profile coaxes that fit in the stock locations are your best bet.

(Dang, Doug beat me to it.)

1) Cars aren't houses.

2) Relax, you're getting way too uppity about this.

3) Read more. This stuff is all over the web. Get it from a source that isn't me, since I seem to piss you off.

1. You are sooooo rite...Cars are not Houses

2. I'm Fine, Thank You.

3. Read More? So, I just forget about the 25 years of competition car audio installation experience that I KNOW WORKS, and go read some stuff on the web?:confused:

Oh, and you don't piss me off.:grinpimp:

tONy

X3 on the Pioneer Co-ax!

I just installed the Pioneers this week in the front doors and while I was in there, I added some sound deadening material to the insides of the doors. Amazing base response as a result. Those Pioneers work great and I can only imagine what it will sound like when I replace the HU and other speakers.

3. Read More? So, I just forget about the 25 years of competition car audio installation experience that I KNOW WORKS, and go read some stuff on the web?:confused:

tONy

Not to rain on your parade, but I have heard many competition systems over the years, and to be frank, even the ones that were designed for SQ competition sounded pretty poor. I think most of the guys designing and installing them have serious hearing loss, as virtually all were extremely bright with a big midrange suckup.

To give you my point of reference, in my main listening room, I have Magnepan 2.7's with stereo Velodyne ULD subs and the appropriate front end. The living room has Vandersteens, and at the office, I am running small NHT's. I am familiar with how things should sound.

:bang:

2hxptm0.jpg

Not to rain on your parade, but I have heard many competition systems over the years, and to be frank, even the ones that were designed for SQ competition sounded pretty poor. I think most of the guys designing and installing them have serious hearing loss, as virtually all were extremely bright with a big midrange suckup.

I agree. Over the past few years, competitions have kinda become a joke. Originally, it wasn't about loud, it was all about sound quality, yes SPL was a small fraction. Then after judging all the classes, you could do all out SPL. Now, it's pretty much about being LOUD. So much so, that they had to emphasize this with "SQ" classes. So, yes, I agree with you! But no rain here, my parade is marchin' right along.

To give you my point of reference, in my main listening room, I have Magnepan 2.7's with stereo Velodyne ULD subs and the appropriate front end. The living room has Vandersteens, and at the office, I am running small NHT's. I am familiar with how things should sound.

This is kinda my point, you are comparing a "listening room" to a "car"......:hmm:

A Landcruiser is what, roughly 240 cubic feet inside. The walls are 60% glass or plastic. You are in the very front, left side, of that 240 cubic feet. Very limited on space.
I don't think you sit in the front left side of your listening room...well I hope not, with that kind of equipment.:grinpimp:

I'm NOT saying that you don't know how thing are supposed to sound. I am also not saying that you have been wrong about the theories you have mentioned, as the relate to HOME audio.

People are gunna do wat they want. I'm not try to bust anyone's ba**s, and on the hand mind are not getting busted either.

Bottom line, if it's in your rig and it sounds good to YOU, that's all that matters.

tONy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom