Audio Woes...Trying to Bypass the Stock Amp (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tachycardic

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi All. Just installed the Metra 70-1761 into a ‘94 and pulled the 2 plugs from the factory amp behind the glove box. The radio is a Pioneer DEH-X6500BT and powers on, but I don’t get any sound. Suggestions?

C1333E2D-4BD8-4E23-9DF9-7F3BC1F8C315.jpeg

Did you get any sound before unplugging it? IIRC I did, but it was terrible. You may not be getting anything out of the head unit, your problem may not be related to the amp.

Did you get any sound before unplugging it? IIRC I did, but it was terrible. You may not be getting anything out of the head unit, your problem may not be related to the amp.

I got sound out of the factory system, but only got sound in the right (passenger front, rear, third row). There was no sound coming from the whole left side. And yes the sound was terrible.

I just noticed that when i unplugged the rear speaker connector, i got sound to both front speakers and they sounded so much better.

Wondering if I should get a new stereo?

I'd hook a speaker to the deck directly.

bypass the factory amp and just run the onboard amp in the head uint. front speakers are wired up in series dash/door as well as the rear headliner/door ,if your not going to use the dash or headliner speakers then just unplug the factory speakers and call it a day

I wired the speaker directly to the head unit one by one. I can get the drivers front, passenger front, and right rear to work, but the left rear will not. Going to try another my friend's stereo to see if it works normally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom