Audible Coolant Alarm w/ Idiot Light Option (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does anyone with the raventai mod want to a simple test with a multimeter for me? This would help me out and save some time on this project. I will reciprocate with a free alarm. PM me and I will explain.

This kit has evolved a bit and will be live soon. It has been upgraded from the prototype that I posted initially. It now has a nice calibration feature and PCB case.

It will work on any Toyota/Lexus vehicle that uses part #83420-16040 for the gauge sensor. This means 93-97 FZJ80 (and all diesels) for the 80 series.

Notes for those interested:
I realized during testing that the factory gauge has no compensation for supply voltage, so when the alternator is charging, the factory gauge will actually read significantly different than when the system is not charging (this is the case for modded and unmodded factory gauges). I added the ability for the coolant alarm to adjust based on the supply voltage so that it will always go off at the calibration point regardless of battery voltage.

I also added a calibration procedure that must be performed to record the proper setpoint. This ensures that the setpoint is accurate across small differences between different vehicles. In order to calibrate, you need to disconnect the gauge sensor in the engine bay (part# 83420-16040), turn the key to the on position, then hold the calibration button on the circuit board for a few seconds. A sound will confirm the calibration and you can reconnect the gauge coolant sensor in the engine bay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom