Audible alarm for coolant temp (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is it possible to get an audible alarm for the coolant temparature, ones that just read the the temp on a dial are ok if your looking at them all the time, if there was a sensor that you could get that had an audible alarm when it reaches a set temp would be better.

If it had an alarm that was loud, you wouldn't even have to run wires into the cab, as anyone come across anything like this?

I rigged one up, but that was built in the reader, not the sensor. Don't know of one for the latter, but maybe out there.

Some after market temperature gauges used to come with a wire for an external alarm. I have a Greddy warning temperature gauge like this. I ran the external alarm wire to a small red light and to a piezo buzzer. The gauge has a feature where the user sets the temperature that triggers the alarm. HTH

Bill

The DashHawk, made by MSD Ignition, is a performance monitoring device that plugs into your OBDII port. It is the same concept as the ScanGage (discussed frequently on this forum), but you can set audible alarms for all paramenters. I think it is a great way to monitor your engine and diagnose trouble codes, but at $300 I'm holding off on getting one. Not sure what your price would be across the pond.

mmmmmmm that does look very good indeedy :) 300 smackeroonies, bit much for me at the moment :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom