Auburn Limited Slip Center Spacers- - -FREE (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Downey

SILVER Star
Threads
In one of the post here on Mud regarding an Auburn Limited Slip Differential, I posted that when Downey Off Road Mfg. was in business we supplied a new center spacer when selling Auburn LSD's (to hold the axle shafts outboard so that retainer clips didn't fall out). I gave the measurements of the spacer block in that previous post (1.188" O.D., .812" I.D., 1.600" long) , and informed that with Downey out of business you'd have to make your own spacer. Well Kimosabi's, I found 4 of those spacers amongst my junk, and I'm prepared to give the four away at no charge to "first come-first served". I'd probably want $3.50-$4.00 for the postage though- - -lemme know..

Awesome there Jim! (don't need them)

Jim,

I need two of them! let me know.
Rob

Does this look like that beast? If so, I could use the spacers. I would know where to start for installation instructions too.

lsd1.JPG.jpeg

lsd2.jpeg

Jim,

I need two of them! let me know.
Rob
Ok, Rob, you'll get two. Please send mailing address, and send email address so I can send you a PayPal invoice for the postage (probably somewhere between $2.50 and $5.00)- - -easdy deal Bro..

Does this look like that beast? If so, I could use the spacers. I would know where to start for installation instructions too.

View attachment 2517522

View attachment 2517523
Brandon, do you have two (2) LSD's, so do you need two spacers ??? If you are a go on this project, I can give you spacer(s), and I do have a copy of the original installation instructions for installing the Posi, send snail mail address for a freebie copy, or I could send copy with a spacer(s), lemme know.

I never dealt with one of these. How would you go able installing the C clips? This why I thought full floating axles were required but have read these work on semi floating as well. I was thinkning this spacer would replace the block used to hold the inner axles tight in the side gears semi floating axles on a open diff and needed for the LSD. But appears these replace the pinion shaft. Would like a LSD in both the front and rear axle on my 45 but will run full floating rear axle so C clips are not used.

Brandon, do you have two (2) LSD's, so do you need two spacers ??? If you are a go on this project, I can give you spacer(s), and I do have a copy of the original installation instructions for installing the Posi, send snail mail address for a freebie copy, or I could send copy with a spacer(s), lemme know.
Jim, I just have one LSD. A copy of the instructions would be amazing.

Still have one!??? Would love to get it for the auburn in my ‘71.

Still have one!??? Would love to get it for the auburn in my ‘71.
Yes, I still have two, Brandon in post #7 above has never asked for a spacer, soooo you'll get one, and he will get the last if he wants it. Send me your address for freebie spacer, and your email address so I can send you an invoice for postage, probably 2-3 bucks.

Yes, I still have two, Brandon in post #7 above has never asked for a spacer, soooo you'll get one, and he will get the last if he wants it. Send me your address for freebie spacer, and your email address so I can send you an invoice for postage, probably 2-3 bucks.
I don't get on mud as much as I used to. Sent you a DM, will try again. Thanks for your patients Jim!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom