Auburn E-locker install issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I'm posting here because we cannot get a good, solid answer.

Purchased thru Nitro as they highly recommend these if not planning on ever lcking the front diff. My friend installs it no issues but then the wiring. They come with a key tab to stop the magnet from spinning except there is no key hole on the magnet. Like pictured in the instructions. Which by the way are horrible.
The instructions look like they're about 50 years old and copied over 100 times.
Also the key spins the wrong way when torquing the bearing cap. Why?
This is what the "finished" product looks like. It's been sitting on his table since Wednesday as we try to get a better answer.
1 said it's fine and another said there should be a key hole.

Has anybody else run into this issue with Auburn ectd?
20200310_192841.jpg
20200310_184956.jpg

@cool breeze
Side note is this for your 80 series or your 100 series? As I thought the Auburn E-locker wasn't available for the 100 series.

I found this pdf that might have clearer images: http://aftermarket.auburngear.com/media/aftermarket-pdf/ected-maxlocker-installation-manuel.pdf

On page 21, it looks like the coil retainer should go on the bottom bolt and be flipped in it's orientation? But that is just a guess, no experience with this locker.

Also the key in the coil seems to be where the wires come into the coil? But my google fu hasn't turned up any clarifying info. Good luck! I would post to a a Jeep board as they might have more experience with the Auburn e-locker.

Last edited:
If the key went on the other bolt the wires would need to exit the bottom of the diff case which just sounds prone to leaking.
The pdf is clearer tho and u can clearly see a key hole in every magnet pictured...

Update.
Auburn will be sending another coil. When, only god knows because their CS is lacking as well. Thanks to their mistake I missed a group trip to moab and my cruiser is going on week 3 of being down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom