Au Pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not much of a picture moment, but a token one anyway. Rush, notice how well the chassis saver holds up to all that dust!

View attachment 2555415

Yes! Impressive!

Holding up to your choice words however...🤔

Love how them nut-serts turned out👍👍

29B1250C-584A-492F-B86F-F5A174831FCA.jpeg

Holding up to your choice words however...🤔

Those chips are the result of repeated missed hammer strikes. You should see my old man skin! Those nutserts are a great new addition to my shop for sure.

Made a little progress. Got the transmission mount in place, but wouldn’t completely seat against the tranny. Disassembled and found the isolator didn’t fit the crossmember. This trans combo supposedly came from a 60 series, but the mount wasn’t the same. Got a new one and everything fits as it should. My frame mount is 5/16” angle, which seems stout enough.

6EC020BD-4B08-4A8B-843D-E5F8F5ED8946.jpeg

Well okay. Below zero temps here, so a lot of sitting around time. Got my turbo down pipe and cross over routed and welded before cold snap. October of this year marks the ten year anniversary of owning AuPig. Big dream of driving it this year, might just be a pipe dream.

C9214ADD-E006-4A7C-919D-FCE0EB50A00A.jpeg

I’m trying to stay metric as much as possible, so that’s the only special part. The bolts are M10x1.5. The nutcert was a little bit of a challenge for this old guy after 9 of them ( one screw up), but got them done.

Without a lift, the om617 diesel‘s lower oil pan sits very close to the front differential. Doomsday Diesel makes an oil pan that sort of addresses the problem. I‘ve seen several different approaches on the inter webs. The simplest seemed to just notch the lower half of the passengers side of the pan. Most cut it completely off and welded a new bottom on. I decided to go at it differently. I cut the passenger side of the pan sidewalls halfway from the bottom. A couple of cuts on the curved sections, and some gentle persuasion allowed the bottom to slide into the top. This allowed me a double wall to weld together. One pass on the outside, a second one on the inside. Still needs some lovin’, but getting there.

9125442C-7D59-40C2-AC1F-10B56C1E6B9A.jpeg

Well the oil pan mod has been on for a couple of months full of oil. No leaks I’m happy to report. Got the exhaust together and installed. Finished the remote oil filter/cooler lines and installed. Primed fuel system in anticipation of a start soon. It was 2 years in late March since I‘ve started it. With luck, by this weekend it will be running.
Big disappointment when I spot oil dripping on the back side of passenger side front tire. Thinking the new seal somehow is damaged? Only rolled tires when on lift to make sure hubs were engaging. The thought of redoing the seal is depressing, but what are you gona do?

78CD6001-D25D-45A6-A0B5-53B034035E52.jpeg

79C4131F-C277-4578-8A92-D0EC36C837B5.jpeg

Last edited:
what do you take your pictures with? If its anything with auto-focus just turn on your flash and it will focus better for you. Otherwise, glad to see progress.

It’s an old iphone4. The windows at the upper portion of the shop always interfere with the lighting. They’re on both ends. Also my old eyes and hands might be a little shaky. This is an old picture before Coyote threw in the towel.

B71DF2D5-4F3D-4D12-ABCA-BD76C8D72213.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom