For Sale ATX - GX470 "Unicorn kit" - Convert your Nav to Non-Nav (complete) - $500 shipped lower 48 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I sold my GX470 before I could complete the swap out of the head unit and the person who bought it wanted to keep factory Nav. Don't ask. Anyway - their poor decision making paradigm is your gain.

This is a combined packaged deal and should be everything you need to switch your existing Nav unit to a non-Nav head unit.

The first part is the relatively easy to find bit: the SLA-81/SLX-82A conversion kit. This part is two pieces:
1) the SLA-81 is the new non-nav faceplate
2) the SLX-82A is the compatible harness adapter for NA spec Lexus/Toyotas like the GX470 has.

Part two was the harder to find bit... all the pieces from a NON-Nav GX470 that needed to be swapped in.... Especially the climate control unit.... that's the big ingredient to making this swap possible. So, with that I am also including:
1) The lower climate control unit from a 2004 GX470
2) Left and right side mounting brackets to hold Non-Nav components vs Nav mounts
3) Non-Nav wiring harness to plug it all together.

The SLA/SLX kit costs about $400 shipped. I'll let you call the local lexus dealer and ask the parts guy how much the last three items cost - I promise it is a teeny bit over $100 - try "prohibitively priced if available at all". I spent 18 months find these little fellas and getting the kit together - I figured $500 with shipping included was an easy price. If anyone has a better idea or thinks I'm on the pipe speak up.

I'll ship it for you this week.... got nothing else going on.... oh wait.... nope... nothing.

IMG_9261.JPG
IMG_1862.JPG
IMG_6221.JPG
IMG_6343.JPG
IMG_5878.JPG

So you can update the head unit. The nav head units can't be switched out so easily. I've never seen anyone do it except with a kit like this. If you have a non-nav it's just a standard stereo install..... Toyota is weird sometimes.... but just sometimes....

Yeah - it's all about personal preferences on mods.... phone integration is definitely the best. Some of the older GX's with Nav don't have that and can't play music except jacked in or via cd... that was mine... it was sad...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom