Attorney needed in So California. Failed LS swap. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I just picked up my rig from a southern California shop today. 19 months at the shop waiting for them to complete the LS swap. They finally refused to finish the build so I went with a tow truck and picked up my Landcruiser. Already invested $12 in parts. Even had them sign a weekly reimburse agreement that they refused to honor.
Small claims will only get me $6k. Need attorney to help fight for the $12k, useless engine and trans that is now in my rig and for loss of time without my rig.
Has anyone ever gone through this? BAR is already involved and I put a claim with the BBB.

My observation on lawyers is that there is a monetary equilibrium point where they are of no use because of their fees.

So, I just picked up my rig from a southern California shop today. 19 months at the shop waiting for them to complete the LS swap. They finally refused to finish the build so I went with a tow truck and picked up my Landcruiser. Already invested $12 in parts. Even had them sign a weekly reimburse agreement that they refused to honor.
Small claims will only get me $6k. Need attorney to help fight for the $12k, useless engine and trans that is now in my rig and for loss of time without my rig.
Has anyone ever gone through this? BAR is already involved and I put a claim with the BBB.

Careful what you wish for. Most certainly discuss this with an attorney in the field of automotive service liability. If you draw attention to this matter, In some states the mechanic may file a lien/suit against vehicle title and or you for the man hours, parts, services rendered he/she claim you still owe him/her, therefore causing you to pay more.
Was there a contract? If so, reread that to see if you have any recourse. If not, remember civil court is to make you whole again, not to generate a windfall. Meaning, if you’ve recovered your vehicle, parts that you paid for then you maybe whole again for the cost of the vehicle and parts. If they did work on a portion of the car, they can charge for that portion, not the uncompleted part, and expect to be paid. As for loss of time/use of the vehicle, was this a primary vehicle or hobby vehicle? Did you have to rent a replacement? I’d be really surprised if the court would award anything for loss of use if it is a hobby vehicle.
The big unknown to me is you live in California and therefore you live in a litigious happy environment and therefore everything I’ve just said doesn’t mean a thing. Good luck!

Automotive liens are used here, ran into a potential DD‘er back a few yrs ago with a mechanic’s lien to the tune of $3300 on it.

I ghosted on that whole situation when Carfax popped that gem up, so I’d 2nd what Adventure Tool Co said too.

so what was the name of the shop?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom