Attn: Pin 7 mod PICTURES!!! 100 series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Zooguy

SILVER Star
Threads
Remove glove compartment screws at the bottom.
IMG_20210510_225955.jpg

Remove plastic behind glove compartment three screws at the top
IMG_20210510_225835.jpg

Remove engine control module silver box 3 gold screws ***only do not unplug just swing out of the way***

IMG_20210510_225624.jpg

Locate transmission relay to the right unplug from the bottom make sure to press the retaining clip on the back side of the plug.
IMG_20210510_225456.jpg

Locate pin number 7 . Extremely small but it is printed on the white plastic plug. Easily identifiable black wire with a thin Blue line.
IMG_20210510_225303.jpg

Third wire from the right hand side. You can remove the pin out of the plug but since I didn't have the correct tools I simply cut the wire I would recommend covering with electrical tape so it doesn't accidentally short.

"Pin 7" mod.

(before anyone else corrects it) ;)

Good write up.

I'm sure everyone knows what this mod is for, but the newbies might not. Might wanna do a brief 101 on why people do this.

Do all the 100 series automatically activate center diff lock in Lo?
I still seem to have the option to center diff lock or not, in Lo, on my ‘04 LX.

THE PIN 7 MOD ONLY APPLIES TO 98 THROUGH 02 MODELS WHERE THE CENTER DIFF LOCK AUTOMATICALLY ENGAGES WHEN IN 4LOW

Just to confirm, this allows the diff lock when in 4LO to still be controlled by the "CENTER DIFF LOCK" switch? It seems like a good mod. There have been times when I would have preferred to be in 4LO without the center diff being locked.

Just to confirm, this allows the diff lock when in 4LO to still be controlled by the "CENTER DIFF LOCK" switch? It seems like a good mod. There have been times when I would have preferred to be in 4LO without the center diff being locked.

Correct. It simply allows you to choose when or when not the center diff is locked in either high or low range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom