ATTN CDAN, or other parts guru (heater core issue!) (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need a heater core for my 08/1994 FZJ80 , I have a line on one but it is from an 08/1997 LX450.

I need to know if this core will work for me or not. From what I can find they have different part numbers (but coming from VW, I know that sometimes they are infact the same part with just a different number)

I also found these two diagrams from camelback
08/1994:
8110075.gif

and this is 1997
8412080.gif

From the diagrams they look pretty much the same (the core itself, the second hard waterpipe may be different)

Can anyone help me out, or knows if they are infact the same ? (OR different ?) :beer:

There are two part numbers.

87107-60130 for 1991-96 and 87107-60270 for 97 only.

In addition the pipe identified as item #4 in your illustrations changed at the same time. This suggests that whatever changed had an impact on the interaction between those two components.

The firewall overlaps so that suggests that either setup would interface properly at that point.

I can't tell you if there are any other changes in the heater box layout. It may be possible to use the 1997 core as long as you get the pipe along with it.

The only way to know for sure would be to try it. Gutting two dashes is going to be a real treat.

Newbie here... My heater core recently went out on me and I'm having a tough time finding a replacement. I called my local Toyota dealer and was SHOCKED to hear the $450 price tag. There has to be somewhere else that has them at a reasonable price, right? I have a 96 Land Cruiser and I've already removed the old one (thanks to this site) just need to find a replacement. Please help! The wifey is pregnant and we need the rig up and running again!

Newbie here... My heater core recently went out on me and I'm having a tough time finding a replacement. I called my local Toyota dealer and was SHOCKED to hear the $450 price tag. There has to be somewhere else that has them at a reasonable price, right? I have a 96 Land Cruiser and I've already removed the old one (thanks to this site) just need to find a replacement. Please help! The wifey is pregnant and we need the rig up and running again!

Year would help, or better yet dial the number in the previous post and speak to Dan, Cdan, Cruiserdan.

It's a 1996 but when I called my local Toyota dealer and gave them my VIN, they said it was manufactured in December 1995. The phone number you referred to was the American Toyota number, right? I'm viewing this site on my phone and I'm guessing the format is different because I had to dig into CDANS profile see the number.

It's a 1996 but when I called my local Toyota dealer and gave them my VIN, they said it was manufactured in December 1995. The phone number you referred to was the American Toyota number, right? I'm viewing this site on my phone and I'm guessing the format is different because I had to dig into CDANS profile see the number.
Sorry, and yes, forgot the sig lines don't work in the mobile app. Anyway yes buzz Dan @ American, or Onur (Beno) or Sam Stewart. All in the vendors section. They should be able to provide you with the best information and pricing (regardless of your local dealer, I shudder when I have to walk into mine)

Tell anyone of them you were referred from 'mud.

If not new, then contact Jason (arcteryx) here on mud or through is business (cruiseryard.com), He is also running a Aug special on pricing for 'mud folks.

To my knowledge any NA heater core will work. '97 could be an exception. The connector pipe (#4 above) changed from year to year. As did the heater box/blower assembly. I watched my neighbor put a '96 core into '92 this summer after dismantling the two assemblies. It's a job I hope to never do.

Did to see if your local radiator shop could just repair the core? Otherwise I'd shop used as the new price is pretty high. Also be mindful of the little o-rings that connect he pipes. I believe those are discontinued.

Thanks for all the tips guys. BENO, do you work at American Toyota as well? Can you help source one for me? Thanks.

To my knowledge any NA heater core will work. '97 could be an exception. The connector pipe (#4 above) changed from year to year. As did the heater box/blower assembly. I watched my neighbor put a '96 core into '92 this summer after dismantling the two assemblies. It's a job I hope to never do.

Did to see if your local radiator shop could just repair the core? Otherwise I'd shop used as the new price is pretty high. Also be mindful of the little o-rings that connect he pipes. I believe those are discontinued.

Sorry for the dumb question but... What's a NA heater core?

North America

Yes, heater core from 8/1992-7/1996 will be a direct fit and they are the same part number: 87107-60130. I have a new one in stock.

The later one is a different part number but I do not know what the fitment differences might be since I do not own an LX to compare.

So it's safe to say that a heater core from a 93 will work/fit on a 96? If so, I may have to check my local junk yards if I can't source a new one through here.

I did my core a few months ago, big job. Personally I would never put a used core in or go with anything other than oem for such a PITA job, not to mention it's a huge problem on the trail if the core spews coolant. You should not have an issue sourcing one. I use Roberts Toyota in Columbia, TN and they offer 25% off on parts to mud members (ask for Scott), not sure if they'll ship or not though. I put some pics up here if it helps. Good luck! https://flic.kr/s/aHsjWDLmQ6

tone33: Nice picture summary. Was that core covered in dirt? How long did it take you? Not looking forward to the day I have to replace mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom