Attica IN Badlands, March 29th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woody

Staff member
Admin
Threads
I'm planning on making a run to Attica over this weekend, but thus far am not having much luck with others heading down....my plan now is to wheel Friday the 28th and Sat the 29th for sure.

Anyone else?

I'm up for 3/29. I'm definitely not hard core but I've been wanting to get up to Attica. &nbsp:Do you mind if I tag along - at least for the milder trails?

Truck: clean, stock, '79 FJ40, no winch, wimpy BFG AT's, no lift.

Whaddya say?

Dave Smith

come on down....there are enuf bypass areas to get most trucks thru.

(actually, 5 years ago that sounds like SpaceGhosts truck...now he's a rock competition champion and is running 35" tires on a custum coilover suspension with twin transfercases....he caught the bug! lol)

you've all got mail....not looking the best for weather, not even adequate....

Woody, Jon F. was talking about going down there this weekend is he traveling with you?

I assume he is....called and left a message with him last night tho and no reply yet. Right now, I'm still going, but weather is not looking great (65 and t-storms on Fri, 38 and snow on Sat)

Small group, which is great, but not a fan of cold rainey wheeling with no top/no doors/no heat...and no Lemon to escape to... (not out of storage yet)

You camping in a Tent? or Hoteling it?

well, that's a tossup too....planning tent, but if it's gonna pour/snow the whole time, might spring for a hotel. One of the guys heading down was gonna get a hotel in Attica next to Robies....perfect crawl distance after cocktails....he's on my email list to get more info back from.

Jon and I talked last on Fri night and he wasnt sure if he was going, not going, or gonna ride bitch with me. He'll call today sometime and let me know....I hope...lol I know SpaceGhost is not making it, his junk is down for paint work and such. Gumby and Dave both sound like they could be in, but both are close enuf to make a day trip of it, plus they have heated/topped trucks...then again, both are quite a bit more stock than John M, Jon F, or myself...

My plan now is out Thurs eve about 5pm and home last Sat night. Gives us 2 good days on the trails, and Sunday to do other junk.

crap

Jon's out...C and Mel talked today, and he's got something else to get done.

decisions decisions....John will e me today and we'll make a call on how motivated we both are, since each of us run open rigs....

I'm good for Sat for sure and maybe Friday too, but probably not early. Turns out I should make an appearance at work. Next week though is real good for me as it is right in the middle of spring break.

You're welcome to stop in Naperville on the way down Thursday and stay at the house.

my new "season" of vacation time starts over April 1...plus the 4-5-6 is a big event there and the park is closed unless you are registered...plus I've got another event locally on the 5th.

Friday is a day off regardless. Travelling is not a big deal, notorious for 10-12 hour drives after leaving work at 5pm anyways.

"wuss factor" comes in when wheeling in crap weather on tuff terrain in an open top rig in cool/cold weather and travelling 6 hours to do it...

I'm gona let John be my decider...heh heh...he and I were planning on meeting down there Thurs nite and hitting the trails early on Fri...if he's still in, so am I.

REALLY wanna test the motor, just hoping that some of the nice weather we've had recently would have held on for another weekend....typical...

John is loading tonight, I'm loading early tomorrow morning, trails on Friday and Saturday....hope to see everyone there!!!!!!!!!!

Gumby
I’m game for next Wed or Thurs the 2nd or 3rd if you want to go during your spring break. Let’s try to get Ditch Runner and a few others from the WCLC to go also. Let me know…

I am gonna run over there first thing Friday morning for some shuck n bull with woodster. Not gonna be there long, maybe till 10 am. The Cruiser will be home in the garage, no wheeling for another 2 weeks or so.

Gumby
I’m game for next Wed or Thurs the 2nd or 3rd if you want to go during your spring break.  Let’s try to get Ditch Runner and a few others from the WCLC to go also.  Let me know…

Rats! I finagled the day off tomorrow and got everything all set to go. I wonder how the wife would take two trips in one week...

I'm leaving 5:00 Central tomorrow and should be down easy by 9:00 Eastern. I'll decide by the end of the day if I'm going to stay Saturday or not.

dapsmith,

Where is that pic from? Just curious looks like one of the hill I was on last July in Slade, KY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom