Builds Atnolan94 Land Crooser Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

how's your steering wheel holding up? I was eyeing the same piece on ebay. Did you ever end up dying it?

Never dyed it. So far it has been great, been great. Wood looks amazing no cracking. Very happy. 2.5 hard years!

Front is TJM T17 TJM T17 Bumper is coming Back!

rear is Dobinson's
Nice, I had the Dobinson's on my GX470, just spoke to Jose at the main office and they have em in stock. I love your dual jerry can setup, way better than the one they offer. What's that holder? Was it a straightforward weld/bolt-on?

great to hear! has color of the leather changed at all? Does the mismatch in color bother you at all? that was the tan color they offered?

This was the only color they had when I did it, I guess I’ve just gotten used to it.

Wow been a good 8 months since I’ve been in here. Since last we spoke ive been using the truck. Did Colorado in July 2020, big Ozarks trip November 2020. Was supposed to do another Ozarks trip in February but my wife was in a car accident so I stayed home with her.

Since last updated, I bought a 4x4 labs rear bumper kit which I built and painted myself. That was a tough but rewarding process. My cruiser sat the last couple months which zapped my already weak battery, so I got a group 49 AGM to replace it and the truck runs like a champ. I noticed the wild Texas weather in February claimed a passenger side axle seal in my front diff, and I need to reboot that CV anyways. So that’s on the docket.

The cruiser admittedly has been sitting a lot the last few months. I traded in my Lexus LS460 on a 2017 Ford F-250 which got a full Carli suspension, method wheels, BFG KM3 37x13.50s. So the big truck has gotten most of the love the past few weeks. I’m vowing to start driving the cruiser more, as I want it to be ready to go and reliable for Colorado this summer.

833A8D7E-88F6-42F9-89F4-F296A62536CE.jpeg

23AB5E3A-F31F-4387-A616-CD40ED91953C.jpeg

0C13057F-167E-48E0-A3F4-F9489526584B.jpeg

Nice looking stable! I bet the F250 is nothing like the LS460 :D

Would you share your thoughts on how 4x4Labs compare to the Dobinson's rear bumper?

Deezol > Petrol. 😬

Nice looking stable! I bet the F250 is nothing like the LS460 :D

Would you share your thoughts on how 4x4Labs compare to the Dobinson's rear bumper?

The Dobinson's swingouts were way more sturdy than these. These wobble a lot. I really do not like this latch mechanism how the arms "float" in the center. I am going to sort out some kind of footing for them to sit on. Otherwise the quality is great on both. I haven't beaten on the labs yet but my Dobinson's went thru hell and back and held up perfectly. It was incredibly stout. I definitely notice more "flex" in this labs bumper. Clearly the looks and clearance of the labs bumper is superior. We will see how it holds up.

Hows the monsta holding up?
Good. Need to touch up some spots that I prepped poorly and lazily. Everything that I took time prepping fully is holding fine.

Remember how I said my front passenger axle seal was leaking and the CV needed a reboot anyways…well one thing led to another and I ended up sending both of my diffs out to Zuk (gearinstalls.com) to have lockers put in. Oops. Colorado should be extra fun.

“while you’re in there” is a dangerous phrase.

C1E2F2CA-CA1E-4E39-AF1F-6367C18ACF75.jpeg

7A612D69-2DE6-4299-ACFC-AF94328C08E6.jpeg

A9E50C02-183D-43F9-A9F4-B036D7E32090.jpeg

Last edited:
I was missing the lower right bolt that holds the trim piece to the metal frame behind the dash. My latch is actually sagging a bit because it is screwed into a plastic backing. I actually plan to just glue the s**t out of it make it lay flush to the glove box itself. Once you inspect and take it apart you will see what I am talking about. I also had to trim that plastic piece to allow the actual latch to sit more nicely. My latch/handle doesn't really match in color so may be out of a newer 100...but not sure on that.

Well after 4 years, 30k miles, and ton of memories this 100 is officially sold. The new owner was ecstatic to have it which makes me happy knowing it’ll be taken care of. This is actually far and beyond the longest I’ve owned a single vehicle.

Before I sold it, I put a rear locker in and had an amazing trip to Colorado this summer. I will definitely miss it but it was the right time in my life to move on.

I learned a lot, worked on it a lot, and spent too much money but that’s most of the fun. I think in a few years I’ll be ready to jump to something a little older, maybe a 60, but time will tell.

Thanks 100 series tech for everything, see y’all down the road!

40D48B16-A159-45C1-8A16-C2E905CAC6C8.jpeg

Congratulations on the sale. I usually have so much sentimental equity built up in any of my builds that when I sell one, I'm more concerned about knowing the new owner will care for it than the price.

If you need to get away some weekend, that F-250 will fit just fine on the BIG WIDE maintained Ouachita Mtn. trails. Just stay on the main trails unless you go to a campsite. I can tell you firsthand about the challenges of getting off the main trails there.
Yeah the 250 won’t see much of the Ouachitas or Ozarks. Little tight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom