SOLD Atlanta, GA | 1968 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Red
History:
I bought it about 18 months ago from Chris Wade. When he bought it, he wasn't sure what he was going to do with it. Maybe use it as a parts car. Once he started cleaning it up, he realized how original it was and that it didn't seem right to pull it apart or restore it because it was so special.

This is my second 40. I had a 1978 about ten years ago, and after dumping money into it, I sold it. I always regretted selling, so I started looking for another one. This one seemed perfect as its original, has a lot of character, and didn't need a lot of work. It's been a lot of fun, but I'm not driving it enough and figured it was time to let it go. I'm sure I'll regret selling this one too.

It has around 13,000 miles on the odometer. It has turned over at some point. I have a clear Georgia Title for it in my name. I'm asking $26,500.

More photos can be seen here:

--

Body/Doors:
The truck is pretty much stock and has minimal rust. The paint appears to be original and has a clear coat that was sprayed on it at some point. You can see in the pictures that the clear coat is peeling in some areas.

The floorboards are in excellent condition, and the interior has been painted black.

The doors are solid, and the windows go up and down. I've replaced all the door gaskets and added Cruiser Corps insulation and mats. It has new OEM emblems, lights, reflectors, and dash.

The seats are in good condition, and the original jump seats are in the back.

--

Engine/Mechanical
It's a three on the floor and has its original (numbers matching) F engine. When I bought it, the only issue was with the electrical. Anytime I used my turn signal, it blew a fuse. That was tracked to a bad voltage regulator, and that was replaced. Things I've done:
  1. Replaced the radiator
  2. Front disc brake conversion
  3. Petronix electric ignition
  4. Replace ammeter
--

Problems/Things I'd do
  1. The ammeter blew, and when it did, I replaced it with a voltmeter in the same place. The voltmeter seems to be pulling too much power from the speedo/fuel gauge, and both aren't giving me accurate readings. This was set up by a fellow Mud Member who likes fixing clusters. It seems to be a connection issue, but I haven't pulled the cluster to try to solve it.
  2. I'd probably rebuild the rear drum brakes at some point. It stops fine, but I'm not sure when they were rebuilt last.
  3. I'd replace the headliner. It's sagging in the back corner.

IMG_3698.jpeg

IMG_3699.jpeg

IMG_3700.jpeg

IMG_3701.jpeg

IMG_3714.jpeg

Last edited:
In the google drive photo album does image 3716 reflect body rot?
Not that I'm aware of. I think there was some sort of coating sprayed on it and it's peeling off in places. I can take some more pictures of that area tomorrow if you're interested.

Nice truck! too bad it's not 3 on tree anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom