For Sale Atlanta, GA 1966 FJ40 Valuation? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(197, 191, 102)
Currently located in Atlanta, GA as of July 2020, this 1966 FJ40 has been an Arizona car bought new with a 327 V8 swap completed by the dealer when new. This is a one-owner Arizona title car with no accidents or bodywork. I believe the color is Coronado Beige. Patina has been sealed with a layer of clear coat. It has a clutch and wiring issue, that I can fix before sale if it can add enough value.

I don't see many '66 FJ40's on here, in this condition. I'm trying to determine an accurate value of the car, any advice or offers will be considered.

Upgrades:
  • 1968 roll bar
  • New holly 4 barrel carburetor
  • New tires
  • New brakes and double slave cylinders
  • New hoses
  • New alloy radiator
  • New heater core
  • Power steering GMC
  • New interior
  • Full size jump seats
  • Clear coat over original paint
  • New ignition
  • Hei distributor and wires
  • New plugs
  • Mint hubcaps and beauty rings
  • New front bumper
  • New blinker markers
  • Electric radiator fan
image_50736641 (3).JPG
image_50736641 (4).JPG
image_50736641 (7).JPG
image_50736641 (6).JPG
image_50802177.JPG

Are there any leaks around the top/doors because I do not believe a 66 came with a corrugated hard top. Corrugated tops and non-corrugated tops are shaped differently, Also, I believe that is a 65 or older windshield frame. Would be worth more if you had the original top and windshield frame for a 66 model year.

I had a 67 that also had a dealer swapped 327, but was done in the early 90’s

@SEAWOLF that's interesting as well -- was it a dealer that sold Toyota AND Chevrolet, that would push it closer to probable in my mind..... even more incredible would be a dealer chevy swap at time of original purchase.

Not sure if they sold both, but I believe it was Toyota of Susanville, CA or nearby…I wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t seen the invoice myself. It could have been as simple as “customer states they want this engine installed” and they did it. Not sure really.

Its simply a 65 titled as a 66, very common on these early rigs. Conferr in burbank were doing v8 conversions, fairly common back then. Most purists are not going to want a v8, so that might bring the value down a bit. Incorrect front seats,and hub caps. Otherwise looks like a nice solid early 40. With todays market as crazy as it is, I would think it would bring 20k( fix the clutch and electrical)

I have the same color 1965 fj40, with the same v8 swap, i got mine out of arizona. It has a downey like adaptor that uses the stock motor mounts on the front. I never thought they put a v8 350 from the dealer, but the person i bought it from assured me he got it from the dealer that way.

sat fish 2 pics.jpg

I have the same color 1965 fj40, with the same v8 swap, i got mine out of arizona. It has a downey like adaptor that uses the stock motor mounts on the front. I never thought they put a v8 350 from the dealer, but the person i bought it from assured me he got it from the dealer that way.

View attachment 2711265
That’s crazy. Interesting what kind of things took place back then! She’s a beauty.

Based on a few recommendations on the post and a few messages I received, I'm asking 20k for this model.

As noted in this forum, the car is a 1965 model but titled a '66. It's an Arizona-kept car with no rust. The front bezel has been flipped over as well.

Send a message if interested with more questions or an offer. I can take more photos upon request.

Evidently all y'all on this post are too young to remember Con-Ferr Mfg, they had a "Landcruiser only" franchise with TMS back in the 1960's, did 327 swaps into brand new Landcruisers, eventually lost their franchise (messy law suite) due to this.

Evidently all y'all on this post are too young to remember Con-Ferr Mfg, they had a "Landcruiser only" franchise with TMS back in the 1960's, did 327 swaps into brand new Landcruisers, eventually lost their franchise (messy law suite) due to this.
Youngsters, what can you do....?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom