Atlanta-area door rust repairs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all - Does anyone know of a shop in the Atlanta area that could repair the rusted bottoms of my driver and passenger doors? I know you can buy skins for that purpose, but cutting and welding on a door is beyond my current skill set. Thanks!

Hi all - Does anyone know of a shop in the Atlanta area that could repair the rusted bottoms of my driver and passenger doors? I know you can buy skins for that purpose, but cutting and welding on a door is beyond my current skill set. Thanks!
I’m actually looking for someone to do similar work on my FJ62 in the Atlanta area. Anyone have any body shop recommendations?

@Wadesters know of any body guys in atl?

I would reach out to acc. I don’t know if they get into body work but I bet they know who to recommend for fixing Toyota sheet metal.

In my area of Florida it was difficult to find anyone that wanted to touch restoration/body work on vintage vehicles or rust repair. Most wouldn’t return phone calls. Hard to give accurate estimates of labor and time consuming process to peel back layers and not worth it money wise for most. Just the doors should be alittle easier.
I found a welder in Florida on Craigslist and he patched mine up after work hours at home. He wasn’t a body guy so probably not perfect but I sold off before using.

Last edited:
Here is a custom shop that does fantastic work located in Thompson Georgia: Westside Rods & Customs | Augusta Ga | Thomson Ga - Westside Rods and Customs - http://www.westsiderodsandcustoms.com/index.cfm

On their site pictured is a land cruiser they did the paint and body work for me. They only do full restoration work with no corners cut so if your looking just to make something presentable this would not be the place for you.

Very nice. What paint did they use on that 40? Nowhere near the frame off process on my 55 yet but a major future question in my mind to be answered is should the paint be something more OEM in a single stage acrylic or just go with a modern base/clear urethane?

An awesome looking shop and an awesome looking-just as she came out of the factory-1983 FJ40!
Congrats mate!
PS. Does the colour is a 464 beige?

Very nice. What paint did they use on that 40? Nowhere near the frame off process on my 55 yet but a major future question in my mind to be answered is should the paint be something more OEM in a single stage acrylic or just go with a modern base/clear urethane?
@Wadesters Just curious what paint was used if you recall. Thanks.

Don’t let the name fool ya but I’ve had really good success with Express Auto Body Service in the Roswell/Alpharetta area. They’ve done a full body build up from metal on all paintable parts on my 40 and I’ve been very happy. There were some tricky repairs sprinkled all throughout. They do quite a bit of work and restoration on classic cars. I wouldn’t call them cheap but I think they were very fair and always went the extra mile. The guy (who’s name escapes me) that did much of the actual work was an original fj40 owner in the 70’s and seemed to really enjoy working on it.

Don’t let the name fool ya but I’ve had really good success with Express Auto Body Service in the Roswell/Alpharetta area. They’ve done a full body build up from metal on all paintable parts on my 40 and I’ve been very happy. There were some tricky repairs sprinkled all throughout. They do quite a bit of work and restoration on classic cars. I wouldn’t call them cheap but I think they were very fair and always went the extra mile. The guy (who’s name escapes me) that did much of the actual work was an original fj40 owner in the 70’s and seemed to really enjoy working on it.
Was his name Jim?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom