For Sale Atlanta Area: 2006 Lexus LX 470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Mileage
Color
rgb(64, 58, 58)
NEW PRICE: $18,500
I also now have an iOS shared album with dozens of pictures, including every major scratch and scuff.

Carfax Stats: No accidents, Owner 1 drove it 43k miles in Virginia, Owner 2 drove it until 121k miles in North Carolina. I'm owner 3 and it now has 181k miles (had it since December of 2015).
Body - very good. Plenty of surface scratches/scuffs but not a dent on it. There is slight fade on the door molding but not on the body itself. I think most would say "it's in great shape for its age." Color is Galactic Gray Mica.
Interior - average. The rear carpet has some stains from prior owner (maybe melted crayon?) under the passenger seat. There are also some brand new "dark water" stains from when my daughter spilled water in the back seat and brown water leaked out of the seat frame when I raised it up to clean it. I don't think you're getting the crayon out (red stains) but I'm pretty sure I can get the dark stains out. (just got an interior detail done and the brown stains are completely gone). No issues in the front seat.
Features/Options - has AHC, Mark Levinson, trailer hitch, roof rails. I've installed one of the LED interior light kits offered by someone on this forum, and I've added a bluetooth module (seamlessly behind dash) that works very well.

Maintenance history before I bought it was good and I have maintained it well. My mechanic supposedly records it all in Carfax but I haven't pulled it yet. I certainly have all the records on paper. Since I've had it I've had to overhaul the emission system (about $1,700) and just had to replace the cat ($900 for aftermarket). I've done the routine stuff (replaced heater T's last year) but it's ready for another timing belt (original was done on time). It will also need new tires. Door lock motors work intermittently in hot weather, fine in cold weather. TPMS seems to be going out. Steering wheel squeaks/groans in cold weather. Gas gauge works intermittently as well (seems to work once it warms up but works intermittently until then). From an engine perspective I'd take it anywhere (and do) but as you can see the electrical stuff seems to be reaching end of life in some cases.

With all of the maintenance items mentioned, I'd rather sell it to someone knowledgeable about these cars. With the steering wheel squeaking only when it's really cold and the locks only messing up when it's hot, and the gas gauge working once it's warmed up, I could hide a lot of this stuff and sell it privately to someone who wouldn't know the difference, but that wouldn't be right.

Not many observations around here to work from. Autotrader has 4 of these cars within 500 miles of me and they're all over $20k. I know used car prices are up but that's far higher than I expected, but then again the "What has everyone been paying for 100 series lately?" thread on this forum kind of confirms this. Land Cruisers seem to go for more like $16k (asking price), but tend to be closer to 250k miles. With that, I'll set my asking price at $20,000, but I'm open to input on that.

Edited 12/16/20 at 9:49am EST to indicate that LED light kit is INTERIOR lights, not headlights.
Edited 12/26/202 at 11:45am to reflect new price

drivers side.jpg

passenger side.jpg

rear.jpg

front.jpg

interior.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking truck from a fellow Roswellian
i bet you could get most of those carpet stains up with some carpet cleaner and a quick scrub
How‘s the under carriage?
GLWS!!
To be honest I've never looked at the undercarriage. I assumed due to its geography that rust wouldn't be a concern. If there's demand for it I'll crawl under for some pictures.

Honestly think it's a little high given the tinkering it needs, especially for someone that doesn't tinker (aka indy or dealer dependent). Do you think you'll get $20k? Absolutely.

It looks like it's riding high, even with the smaller tires you are running. Can you confirm that the AHC is working properly and report on how many graduations you get going from L to H? There's a ton of how-to on this on the forum.

Cheers from a fellow Roswellian as well, at least back when it was mostly farm fields and silos. I've resorted to urban living since leaving the burbs.

Honestly think it's a little high given the tinkering it needs, especially for someone that doesn't tinker (aka indy or dealer dependent). Do you think you'll get $20k? Absolutely.

It looks like it's riding high, even with the smaller tires you are running. Can you confirm that the AHC is working properly and report on how many graduations you get going from L to H? There's a ton of how-to on this on the forum.

Cheers from a fellow Roswellian as well, at least back when it was mostly farm fields and silos. I've resorted to urban living since leaving the burbs.

Good call on riding high. I took those pictures with AHC "at the top" because I had just washed it. I lower it so the top is easy to reach, and then raise it try to spray the wheel wells and undercarriage when I wash it.

Like I said, that's a price I never thought I'd ask, but when I did an hour of research this morning I was shocked. I'm willing to listen and adjust if the market doesn't respond to that price.

Please send undercarriage pictures asap and and service docs you have I'm trigger ready this week

Here are the service records I have, either from the carfax when I bought it or from my own records:

dateodometerservice performedsource
11/16/20051,708vehicle serviced, oil and filter changedCarfax
1/23/20066,4705,000 mile service performedCarfax
8/9/2007not providedrecommended maintenance performed, oil and filter changedCarfax
1/23/2008not provided10,000 mile service performed, oil and filter changedCarfax
6/30/2008not providedrecommended maintenance performed, oil and filter changedCarfax
11/21/201186,585timing belt replacedSticker in engine bay
1/23/2014120,748power steering fluid flushed/changed, oil and filter changedCarfax
7/2/2016144,902oil change -full syntheticMy records
2/1/2017149,644150k mile service, replace front brake padsMy records
1/2/2018158,933oil change - full syntheticMy records
6/7/2018162,448oil change - full synthetic, replace alternator with Denso renewed, Replace rear brake pads and machine rotors, replace MAF due to P0172 and P0175 codes, replace headlightMy records
6/26/2019171,295oil change - full synthetic, emission system/SAIS overhaulMy records
1/22/2020176,676replace catalytic converter and oxygen sensorMy records
8/25/2020179,502oil change - full synthetic, replace thermostatMy records

Recommendations? I put this out on facebook and craigslist yesterday. Should I try BaT?

Recommendations? I put this out on facebook and craigslist yesterday. Should I try BaT?
I think you're at least $2k high on the price - at least for it to sell on here. I bought a 2006 LX470 with 145k miles on it in August for $18k. It had a ton of recent maintenance (timing belt and water pump, axles, wheel bearings, all fluids replaced, driveline bushings, etc.) but otherwise I'd say the condition is similar to your rig (general wear and tear from 15 years of life and some rust but nothing major). Your color combo is likely more desirable than mine (silver on gray), and the market as gone up a little since then, but I still think you're too high for the market, and definitely for this site (a bunch of enthusiasts looking for deals). My guess is that if you drop the price $2k, you'll get some attention, but I still think you'll have to go lower at the end of the day. Just my two cents. GLWS.

Hi, I’m interested, wondered if it is possible to share the that iOS photo file with me? I’d like to look at the areas described in greater detail. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom