At what point do I need more juice? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

macneill

Rollin’ on 33s
Threads
I'm clueless when it comes to electrical system needs and was wondering when I would need a second battery or stronger alternator perhaps?

Right now, I've got a pair of 130W up front and 55W in the rear.

And the winch of course.

Of course, there's a slim chance all three would be used simultaneously.

However, with the addition of the roof rack will come roof lights.

So, will I need more juice?

I'm clueless when it comes to electrical system needs and was wondering when I would need a second battery or stronger alternator perhaps?

Right now, I've got a pair of 130W up front and 55W in the rear.

And the winch of course.

Of course, there's a slim chance all three would be used simultaneously.

However, with the addition of the roof rack will come roof lights.

So, will I need more juice?

I'd say you need someone to say you need it, so: yes,you need it ;)

Why do you say that the winch and lights won't be used at the same time? The last time I winched (my jeep up a steep hill at about 1:00 am) I was sure glad I had plenty of light.

Just a thought.

Why do you say that the winch and lights won't be used at the same time? The last time I winched (my jeep up a steep hill at about 1:00 am) I was sure glad I had plenty of light.

Just a thought.

I think I meant all 3 at the same time.

so basicly, when you go to macy's in the middle of the night and need to winch that big cute pink recliner you want to make sure you have enough power? Go with the dual battery setup, you dont have AHC to worry about. THEN after that, try and find this place in LI that sells high output Denso alternators....i lost their card and forget the name.

Your lights draw about 15 amps based on 185 watts. Your winch will draw 300 to 500 amps under load.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom