At my Wits End with Wits End (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone in Oregon know a good small claims lawyer to help me get my money back from Joey and Wit's end. Done dealing reaching out and getting ghosted. Certified letters he refuses to sign which had a very easy out for him. Yeah, I know..."he's a good guy"..."he just had knee surgery"...He is a one-man shop".... at this point I don't care. Delivery my order, return my money, or let's have fun in court.

Why wouldn't you just dispute it with your CC?

Also isn't the whole point of small claims that you don't need a lawyer?

Why wouldn't you just dispute it with your CC?

Also isn't the whole point of small claims that you don't need a lawyer?
I used a debit card as I like to pay cash and not hold debt. This falls under some black hole of fraud like a phishing scheme according to my bank. Now...I am pissed for the extra work and want to make a point. or he can refund the money like a man, Joey's choice either way....I got nothing but time.

I used a debit card as I like to pay cash and not hold debt. This falls under some black hole of fraud like a phishing scheme according to my bank. Now...I am pissed for the extra work and want to make a point. or he can refund the money like a man, Joey's choice either way....I got nothing but time.

A debit card still has the same protections as a credit card. Just call the bank and tell them you paid for merchandise you didn't receive and the merchant is not responding, all done. Don't waste more of your time...if you haven't noticed with all his cheerleaders around here you trying to make a point isn't worth anything...

Sadly you're one of many being ghosted. I've read lots of people defending him and his business, but there's enough data here to show a pattern of shady operations. Life happens, and it certainly sounds like Joey is going through something on the personal side, but to completely neglect his business and customers, leave his website and ordering open with no announcement or update that they're not going to be fulfilling orders for months on end, all while still accepting people's money and ignoring return requests is egregious and unacceptable to say the least. It is completely justified that people are upset and it is rightly impacting Wits' End's reputation as a vendor. Maybe one day he will surface, explain what's going on, and try and make things right, but I for one will never do business with him given the reviews here and across the LC community.

All that said, if your CC company can't help, best of luck going down the legal path.

Last edited:
@webster2001 It will be hard to pursue small claims from another state. As another mentioned, lawyers aren't used in small claims court.

I had Wits End ghost me about a paid "in stock" order. Once it went past 30 days and it appeared on my CC statement, I disputed the charge and got my money back.

Good luck.

He is ghosting many, but still posting on facebook:

1679948642992.png

For those who need to be reminded of their rights:
  • According to US law, a business must ship within 30 days of a paid order, and if it doesn't, it must refund automatically.
  • You have 60 days to dispute a charge once it appears on your credit card statement.

These rights expire....people who are saying "just wait..its Joey" need to stop. It isn't their money and it isn't their rights expiring.

One might report him to the State of Oregon and to the FTC:

Merchants who violate the Rule can be sued by the FTC for injunctive relief, monetary civil penalties of up to $50,120 per violation (any time during the five years preceding the filing of the complaint), and consumer redress (any time during the three years preceding the filing of the complaint). When the mails are involved, the Postal Service also has authority to take action for problems such as non-delivery. State law enforcement agencies can take action for violating state consumer protection laws.

That is some serious s***....

Considering the number of orders that have gone past 30 days without proper communication at Wits End, the FTC could levy a massive fine on him.

It took a social media post, which I have made private. Resolution between Wits End and I are in process.
Clear communication is necessary in any business, I do hope it's a lesson learned.
@webster2001 It will be hard to pursue small claims from another state. As another mentioned, lawyers aren't used in small claims court.

I had Wits End ghost me about a paid "in stock" order. Once it went past 30 days and it appeared on my CC statement, I disputed the charge and got my money back.

Good luck.

He is ghosting many, but still posting on facebook:

View attachment 3283805.

For those who need to be reminded of their rights:

These rights expire....people who are saying "just wait..its Joey" need to stop. It isn't their money and it isn't their rights expiring.

One might report him to the State of Oregon and to the FTC:

That is some serious s***....

Considering the number of orders that have gone past 30 days without proper communication at Wits End, the FTC could levy a massive fine on him.
I got some needed information to help me with my dispute. Not a fan of having debt so I used a debit card....a little more work to get your money back. Once Joey replied with a proof he canceled and transmitted the credit. My back was satisfied. All it took was communication. If you are a one man ship maybe online retail scalable at this time.

It took a social media post, which I have made private. Resolution between Wits End and I are in process.
Clear communication is necessary in any business, I do hope it's a lesson learned.

I got some needed information to help me with my dispute. Not a fan of having debt so I used a debit card....a little more work to get your money back. Once Joey replied with a proof he canceled and transmitted the credit. My back was satisfied. All it took was communication. If you are a one man ship maybe online retail scalable at this time.

That sounds great. Just make sure you actually get the refund. He lied to me saying he processed a refund me and he did not.

FYI: Using a CC doesn't mean debt. I have no debt and paid off mortgage. I pay off my CCs in full every month automatically, plus 2% cash back, and the added security of using a CC. I do understand where you are coming from with regards to debt. Debt sucks. 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom