At least my low oil pressure shutoff works (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bit of a shocker on my way to work last week… 10 litres of hot 15w 40 all over the chassis.

3rd gear flat out through goldstream and the damn thing shut down just as I pulled out to pass 😳

Turbogluide has cheaped out on ancillary parts nowadays… lol, no worries though. They won’t ship to Canada anymore (you’re welcome 😉)

Should have been braided line. Full stop.

1917D5F1-FB9E-4EEE-A770-707A093C9C90.jpeg

Hope the shut-off happened in time! I'd say do an oil analysis, but I guess you don't have any left! :oops:
Meh… it was still leaking and dripping when the flat deck got it home.

I think it shut down it time. Just had a new braided line made and will slap that on tonight. Put some fresh Dino juice back in and test drive it to the car wash. It be dirty as you can well imagine.

Needed an oil change anyway. Although can’t recommend this particular method.

🤣🤣🤣

Meh… it was still leaking and dripping when the flat deck got it home.

I think it shut down it time. Just had a new braided line made and will slap that on tonight. Put some fresh Dino juice back in and test drive it to the car wash. It be dirty as you can well imagine.

Needed an oil change anyway. Although can’t recommend this particular method.

🤣🤣🤣
Use hydraulic line for that stuff and some JIC/ORB/ORF ends. It’ll hold up.

Damage was most likely in shipping… but I rolled the dice.

My turbo kit looked like hammered dog s***e when it finally bounced into town.

New line on burnside whipped up some love (braided stainless and new JIC fittings) for just over $50 today while I waited.

That was quality made in the US and A continental line rated for 300psi that failed. Got squashed in shipping is my guess. Couldn’t see any line damage on the outside. Obviously it was compromised.

✌️

Damage was most likely in shipping… but I rolled the dice.

My turbo kit looked like hammered dog s***e when it finally bounced into town.

New line on burnside whipped up some love (braided stainless and new JIC fittings) for just over $50 today while I waited.

That was quality made in the US and A continental line rated for 300psi that failed. Got squashed in shipping is my guess. Couldn’t see any line damage on the outside. Obviously it was compromised.

✌️

Are you back in business? Any damage?

Ya, DHL f’d me over good on my exhaust parts from France. Can’t believe they’d be so stupid.
Be a while before I go back to them.

Half the s*** I've ordered in the last couple years for cruisers has come DHL.
Especially if it's Australia or Europe.
Pretty much every part for my 12ht rebuild came DHL.

(Other than the ones 4wheelauto ****ed up repeatedly)

I've actually had a better experience with DHL than the other 2 big ones.

They all suck in their own special ways I guess

Of them all tho, ups is the one I truly hate. If I could only pick one to nuke from orbit , it'd be those ****ers and their ****ing "brokerage" fees.

I have had two turbo oil feed lines blow up on me. once I caught it and once the low oil shut off did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom