At dealer - need help!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaTrk

SILVER Star
Threads
On the way to the dealer , while listening to audio in car - radio - the screen all of a sudden switched back to the previous screen I had viewed before turning on radio.

Am I crazy - I remember when listening to radio the screen would always stay on audio??? Dealer says no.

Also - they say headlight don’t blink on start up.

Don’t they???

They say normal not to…

On the way to the dealer , while listening to audio in car - radio - the screen all of a sudden switched back to the previous screen I had viewed before turning on radio.

Am I crazy - I remember when listening to radio the screen would always stay on audio??? Dealer says no.

Also - they say headlight don’t blink on start up.

Don’t they???

They say normal not to…
My 2020 does not change back to any screen unless I turn the suv on and off or do it myself. I don‘t ever recall my headlights blinking on startup.

Mine is a 2013, but it also doesn't stay on audio or climate and always switches back to navigation. Not sure on headlights.

My audio always stayed on audio and the dealer says no.

Also my headlight stopped the little up and down dance on start up and now they are telling me it normal for them not to move on start up.

My audio always stayed on audio and the dealer says no.

Also my headlight stopped the little up and down dance on start up and now they are telling me it normal for them not to move on start up.
The headlights do move. Watch first 30secs

Yep. I’ve seen the kit but the dealer is saying they are not suppose to move on start up.

Do yours?

The screen change thing may be a setting that is available in TechStream. I don't remember it, but will check this evening.

What @yotantexas says - there is a setting in the infotainment system.

headlights move if they're 'on', but they don't blink. 2009LX . . .

Mine always bounces back to Nav, good to know that I can change that.

Under General settings in infotaiment select auto screen change to off that should hold to screen to your selected use I.e. audio or climate etc

The “blinking headlights” does sound like the auto leveling…. Is it lifted or heavily loaded?

BTW don’t expect the service advisors to know all the functions of all the different models

Ok - thanks all for the infotainment screen setting. If I’d known it was there, I had forgotten. The scary thing is - the service techs didn’t know either.

That’s solved that mystery. Maybe it got reset when I changed the battery?

Problem 1 solved.

The “blinking headlights” does sound like the auto leveling…. Is it lifted or heavily loaded?

So maybe blinking is not the correct terminology.

When I would start the car the headlights would look like they would move either up or down then settle to normal - whatever that is. Anyway, they’d move on start up then stop. Whenever I’d start the truck. And always stop before I could even put the transmission in gear. With or without passengers and without a trailer or anything on the rear hitch. Fully loaded or by myself….

headlights move if they're 'on', but they don't blink. 2009LX . . .
Besides that video above on the Aussie truck, can you find any info showing or describing the movement? Dealer says no they don’t. Tks.

My headlight do a test on startup for AFS that does rotate them left and right.
I'm not sure they do it in the daylight, but for sure at night. 13 lx.
There is an AFS off button, maybe that got pressed?

Just tested and it does up, left, right, down no matter if AFS OFF is pressed or not.
This is at night with lights switch on auto or ON.

I don’t see that button. Where is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom