Assistance with 1966 FJ 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im new to the forum: live in Windsor , CA. Looking for assistance to complete my 1966 FJ 40. Every part cleaned and painted. Rolling frame. Need to check brake install, reconnect transfer case vacuum lines , clutch, gas, brake pedals, overall safety check. Also install electrical system. Will pay hourly or take bids on the work. Will send pictures. Thanks, Bob Beaudry. 707-688-8676

Thanks, Gary at Mudrak is great he’s just too busy. I will try the Clubhouse. Be nice to find someone who could come to the house and guide me through the completion process .

Thanks, Gary at Mudrak is great he’s just too busy. I will try the Clubhouse. Be nice to find someone who could come to the house and guide me through the completion process .

How much needs to be done? There are a lot of guys willing to help through the internet if you post the pics.

How much needs to be done? There are a lot of guys willing to help through the internet if you post the pics.
nainly the wiring and vacuum hoses. Mainly. I will pay of course for the help. I’m in Windsor. Thanks , Bobg

nainly the wiring and vacuum hoses. Mainly. I will pay of course for the help. I’m in Windsor. Thanks , Bobg

The wiring and vacuum lines are very simple on a stock 1966 FJ40. I’m sure we can help you get it done just by posting pics and describing what you’re working on.

6119B1BB-039A-471C-ADEB-29355519C823.jpeg
6119B1BB-039A-471C-ADEB-29355519C823.jpeg

You’re going to run into a few compatibility issues with that newer engine. Nothing that can’t be sorted out.

From your pics I can see mismatched pulley’s on the front of the engine, and a 2bbl carb with an ICS that won’t have the necessary wire in the ‘66 harness.

If I weren’t so busy I’d offer my services. But I’m already doing one outpatient reassembly along with all the shop rebuilds...and I work alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom