Assessing my LC and Finding a Good Place to Start Working. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So we got 60 series LC about a year ago, and I figured with all this freed-up time, now is as good of a time as any to start work on it! The details are as follows:
  1. '82 BJ with the 3B engine and seems to idle and run both hot and cold with no noticeable issues.
  2. There is a lot of rust damage on the bottom of the doors, wheel wells, tailgate, hood, and other assorted panels.
  3. The frame looks rusty, although I don't think that it's structural (however I am not very confident in that, would like a second opinion)
  4. The exhaust pipe has been removed from underneath the car, so it's pretty loud to run
  5. The engine bay and undercarriage are pretty dirty, varying degrees of good too fair condition.
  6. The headliner by the driver's door is slightly sagging, as well as by the back-right window.
  7. No tears, cuts, or stains in the carpet, however, mouse poop is found in some spots underneath it.
  8. all seats are in near excellent condition.
  9. A mechanical inspection was conducted as late as Oct. 2017
  10. the right rear-view window is broken and is not attached.
  11. the dashboard is mostly complete, however, there has been a radio swap at some point and some other instrument, leaving a gap.
Overall, that's the general condition of the car. I've listed these as issues or concerns I have about the vehicle. I'd like some feedback on how to address these issues and if needed, I can take some pictures by request.

Pictures boheim, they used to be worth 1000 words, but I've been told they may not bring as much these days. At any rate, pictures help with all the folks here doing mods and restoration etc.
Good write up and great project!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom