Assateague Beach Day (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I do it every year when we do our chiccateague island trip. Usually around 5pm is when the attendant leaves and most people head out. I try to go in without wait time and go around the beach.

We plan to be on the OSV the 1st week in May.
Once the season kicks in, there will be a line to get into the park as well.
Warning: The flies and mosquitos do not have to wait in these lines...

Campground link... Assateague Island National Seashore Campground, Assateague Island National Seashore - Recreation.gov - https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/232507

OSV Count Assateague Island OSV Count - https://osvcount.com/
:bucktooth:

Its difficult to find a spot on assateague island, I do KOA/Jellybean campground at chiccateague.

Warning: The flies and mosquitos do not have to wait in these lines...
QFT. The biting flies are no joke, depending on the prevailing winds.
Might recommend something like this, lol

Screenshot 2023-04-18 10.35.42 PM.png

I might pop down the weekend of the 13th, but I usually go Saturday afternoon to Monday due to work stuff. I have a small condo up at 130th in OC, so no camping for me.

I remember back in the late 70's that you could run for miles without seeing anyone...I also remember as a 10 year old being in the back of the CJ5 going about 30 mph and trying to outrun the massive horseflies drafting us like a 3D horror flic! Biting flies can be rough too when camping, especially if you have a breeze coming from the bay side.

Still a great place to visit and I have the National Parks pass that would at least get me admission, but would still need to do the OSV registration and $$.

Didn't see many Toyota SUVs, saw many Tacomas on the first week of May .
Saturdays are busiest. Fly and mosquito season is just about to arrive in force.
The OSV gate has been moved back towards the beach.

20230504_132124-RS.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom