ASI Radiator Review? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all

Have just purchased an alloy radiator for my FZJ105.

Am curious as to others experiences.

The reviews I found were from 2007-2010 and were hit and miss. Some had good ones which were on for three years, some leaked in three months and others didn't fit full stop.

I'm sure being 5 years on they must be better?

Ok no one replied but I'll write a review seeing as it's in now.

Welds look ok. Came in good packaging

After removing the old radiator and fighting with factory hoses heat welded on (I had new ones to replace) it was time to fit the new rad.

I quickly realized the bottom mount brackets and the top mount brackets didn't line up to bolt holes.

Have spoken with a few others on Facebook pages they only used two mounts for it.

I used the top mounts with the rubber inserts (even though I had to drill the new radiator brackets).

The bottom mounts are in but it just sits on it. The bolt holes done line up vertically and if pursued it puts strain on the radiator and different ends (not good) so I left them to sit.

Top bolts are holding it firmly in place and with some locktite on the bolts it won't be coming loose.

The fan shroud didn't fit, it hits the bottom hose, basically just doesn't like the ASI radiator. I used only two bolts at the top to secure it and wedged one end in. More locktite as the fan barely clears it.

The reservoir tank bolts don't line up either. One side there is a bolt the other I've cable tied.

The auto trans cooling nipples for where hose goes in comes separate and you have to wrench them on. I decided to put high temp red gasket sealer on the threads before putting them on.

Two days now so far so good. With all the fitment issues, I'm yet to build confidence in the radiator.

I'll check for leaks again today and then put the bottom steel plate back in and take it for a 6 hour drive next weekend.

It has to do 4500km in January from Perth to Brisbane in 40+ degrees c

Also someone mentioned electrosis in the alloy radiator so I used a multimeter to test the coolant and it was under 5ma which is good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom