Builds Vinyl Seats 100 Series Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally Installed the AC Drain Extension Kit from @CruiserGarage. The elbow was kind of a pain to get on but overall it was an easy little project.

While the image of a rusty sway bar bracket they show on their site is far more extreme than the damage on my truck, mine is a great example of how the location of the factory drip can promote rust on even lifelong desert trucks.

Rusty Truck from Cruiser Garage Website
IMG_20161105_124542.jpg

Rust on my 1999
IMG_20191008_210823.jpg

View of elbow and line extension from the engine bay
316608328.png

View of how I finished the hose
IMG_20191008_212554.jpg

Definitely worth your $13 and an hour of your time. I imagine that those of you with Northeast and rust belt trucks might be shocked at the condition of the sway bar bracket. Better late than never!

That skid plate looks great. What kind of light are you using in those pics? Looks like you got it hooked by the driver LCA.

The short antenna that comes with the kit is 7" tall.

View attachment 2065920

View attachment 2065922

View attachment 2065923

Other universal antenna can be screwed into this conversion kit using their included double sided screw.

Overall, this was a really simple project. The only challenge was removing the old antenna due to the force that can be required to pull it out.

I've heard good things about the reception of this little one but I'll need time to test it myself.

As for the antenna motor, it still runs when the truck starts and stops. With the OEM antenna, I could hear the motor for 5 to 10 seconds on startup and shutdown. With the conversion kit installed, the motor runs for 2 seconds on startup and roughly 15 seconds on shutdown.

Thanks for the write up! Just did mine yesterday.

Installed my ScanGauge 2 along with the @CruiserGarage ashtray mount. It was a simple install and the mount makes it look pretty sleek. Not factory sleek, but far from aftermarket tacky. The amber color is a really good match for the stock radio colors.

I'm really happy with it.

IMG_20200908_200513.jpg

Screenshot_20200909-185945.png

Great build thread. Quick Q, and sorry if it's been asked already.... What length pipes did you use for the sleeping platform?
Thanks!

I am 99% sure they were 12" long. If not 12" they were 10". I'm frustrated I forgot to include that. I actually had a few other shorter lengths too for when I didn't need to fit our camping gear bins underneath. I sold the platform after we had our first kid and sleeping in the car became a thing of the past. I loved that platform. Super strong. Really versatile. Modest cost.

Great build thread. Quick Q, and sorry if it's been asked already.... What length pipes did you use for the sleeping platform?
Thanks!

I am 99% sure they were 12" long. If not 12" they were 10". I'm frustrated I forgot to include that. I actually had a few other shorter lengths too for when I didn't need to fit our camping gear bins underneath. I sold the platform after we had our first kid and sleeping in the car became a thing of the past. I loved that platform. Super strong. Really versatile. Modest cost.

12" is what I used for mine and I used (stole) @TheAshenWolf design plans. 12" black iron pipe with a floor plate on each end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom