Builds Vinyl Seats 100 Series Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed my Wits' End APU-4 center console organizer. Install was quick and easy.

I'm happy to pay for anything that helps me stay organized.

IMG_20200918_192024.jpg

Removed my old fake wood trim and replaced it with this kit from Amazon.

Amazon product ASIN B005GPG3IW
Overall, I'd give it a 9/10. A few of the pieces had poor adhesive and wouldn't stick. I'm waiting to hear back from the seller for replacements. On a few others the fitment seemed just a touch large. Aside from trimming slightly in a few places, everything went on easily.

I took the advice of others on mud and let my truck sit in the sun for an hour before removing the old trim. That allowed me to pull off the old stuff relatively easily.

Finished Product
PXL_20201004_175751539.jpg

I was able to cut and sand the blank right piece on the center stack with my Dremel to match @BenCC's printed piece for Ram mounts.
PXL_20201004_175801999.jpg

New Door Control Cover
PXL_20200929_201257742.jpg

Old Door Control Cover
PXL_20200929_200513587.jpg

Some old pieces of trim
PXL_20201004_134045375.jpg

I know many simply remove this trim as it ages. I like wood in cars, even if it's plastic and stick on. So I'm happy.

Installed my Dissent roof rack.
PXL_20210124_231335044.jpg

PXL_20210124_220434362.jpg

PXL_20210124_220444049~2.jpg

Install was straightforward. The most tedious part was removing the old OEM rack and cleaning the gutters and old tower areas of dirt and adhesive.

These videos were great resources:

OEM roof rack removed
PXL_20210124_005345421.jpg

OEM roof rack
IMG_20200717_124324.jpg

Last edited:
If you don’t mind, what shop did your Powdercoat, and how was pricing? I have the 4X4Labs labs rear bumper and am looking at finishing options (and live nearby).
This is a private shop I have access to so unfortunately I can't provide a recommendation or pricing. Sorry.

Installed my @Victory 4x4 front and rear bumpers this weekend. The front bumper was easy to install but we ran into numerous frustrating issues with the rear bumper. I am emailing Victory today to see how they will help resolve the issues (detailed in next post). I will update the posts as I work with Victory. Their response will definitely be a factor in my comfort of recommending their products.

PXL_20210214_172120148~4.jpg

PXL_20210214_014750051~3.jpg

We had to cut a few inches from my Asfir skid plate to accommodate the new front bumper. A few minutes with the grinder and we were all set.

PXL_20210213_171434248~2.jpg

PXL_20210213_193557838.jpg

PXL_20210213_170313608~2.jpg

Last edited:
I had three issues (of varying severity) with the @Victory 4x4 rear bumper install:

1) Some key bolts that go into the back frame rail cannot be installed due to the bumper access holes being the wrong measurement. This is HUGE deal to me as I plan to tow a trailer with this and don't feel comfortable without this being resolved.

100 Frame
PXL_20210213_225332775.jpg

Victory Rear Bumper
PXL_20210213_225352352.jpg

Bumper Installed Showing Misaligned Holes
(Pic coming soon)

2) Back plate to cover rear bolts does not fit and can't be installed; some material will need to come off of the left side to make it work; I could grind it down myself but I'd prefer Victory send me one that actually fits; unfortunately, I powder coated it myself and I'm sure their coating won't match exactly.

PXL_20210206_174332715.jpg

I have had another Mud member PM me with the exact same issue on his bumper.

3) My package was missing a few bolts necessary for attaching the side support pieces to the bumper wings. This was just annoying and I expect Victory to send me some so I can complete that part of the install.

PXL_20210213_234256908.jpg

Overall, I LOVE the look of these bumpers. I am super excited about them. However, I am definitely frustrated by the above issues. I hope Victory makes it right so I can feel good about recommending their products going forward because I think their designs are incredible.

Update:
I have been working with Victory over the last month to address this issue with the rear bumper. Victory has been very responsive and offered to make me a completely new bumper. In the end, I asked them to provide a load plate that will sit on top of the misaligned holes of the first bumper they sent so I can drill through the original plate to make the factory holes accessible, then sandwich the load plate and original plate section into the factory holes. I have not yet done this but will soon. Victory is also providing me some additional products to make up for the inconvenience. In the end, I am still frustrated by the situation but do sincerely appreciate Victory's response.

Last edited:
the misaligned holes are probably due to the difference in the spacing of those four holes in the rear frame between the models with the rear frame mounted hitch (and the square hole cut into the frame) and those without it. The dissent rear bumper I just installed had slots for the fitment of the two different patterns instead of round holes. Would you be able to slot the holes?

(pic is my 04LX with the factory plastic bumper removed with the hitch adapter still bolted on)

IMG_20210105_170733774.jpg

Last edited:
the misaligned holes are probably due to the difference in the spacing of those four holes in the rear frame between the models with the rear frame mounted hitch (and the square hole cut into the frame) and those without it. The dissent rear bumper I just installed had slots for the fitment of the two different patterns instead of round holes. Would you be able to slot the holes?

(pic is my 04LX with the factory plastic bumper removed with the hitch adapter still bolted on)

View attachment 2585919
Yeah, this definitely seems to be the issue. I am working with Victory to determine if modifications can be made or if a new bumper is needed. They are offering a replacement to a new revised version so that shows their commitment to making it right. I'll keep updating here as I make progress with them.

After 278,000 miles, my rear windshield wiper arm wasn't cleaning the glass properly. The spring wasn't providing enough tension so I decided to simply replace the whole arm. I also replaced the rubber grommet while I was at it.

Parts (old ones shown)
Wiper Arm: 85241-60070
Grommet: 85143-60110
PXL_20210228_194537742.jpg

This wiper arm puller I picked up on Amazon was well worth the $13.
PXL_20210228_194446610.jpg

Amazon product ASIN B076PY8785

Did that fix the issue? I just put a new wiper blade on mine and it’s still not getting the top of the arc squeegeed. Thanks for the pro tip with the wiper arm puller, might come in handy.

Did that fix the issue? I just put a new wiper blade on mine and it’s still not getting the top of the arc squeegeed. Thanks for the pro tip with the wiper arm puller, might come in handy.
Funny you should ask that. It is way better than before (the wiper used to get pushed out by the widest part of the glass and be unable to return to it's resting place against the glass - now fixed) but it does seem to still miss cleaning the top inch or two.

I haven't used it beyond a quick garage test so I'll get a better feel for it over the next week.

After nearly 4 years and hundreds of hours of work, I am putting the 100 up for sale. Listing located here.

I just picked up a 200 and I've only got space for one cruiser at a time. I learned that lesson with the 80 and 100 competing for garage space and, more importantly, my time.

200 First Day.jpg

This 100 Series Cruisers community on ih8mud is hands-down the best online community I have ever been a part of. I'll still be around but just wanted to note how incredible this community is and how much I appreciate all of the generous help and kind words over the last 4 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom