Asfir Skid Plates/Catalytic Converters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was about purchase Asfir skid plates for my 100 when my catalytic converters were stolen in the middle of the night while my truck was on the street in San Francisco (an unfortunate, but common occurrence in SF).

Does anyone know if the skid plate (second plate back from the front presumably) covers the catalytic converters? While my goal for getting the plates had nothing to do with protecting the catalytic converters, I now don't want to get a plate that leaves them exposed.

Thanks.

I was about purchase Asfir skid plates for my 100 when my catalytic converters were stolen in the middle of the night while my truck was on the street in San Francisco (an unfortunate, but common occurrence in SF).

Does anyone know if the skid plate (second plate back from the front presumably) covers the catalytic converters? While my goal for getting the plates had nothing to do with protecting the catalytic converters, I now don't want to get a plate that leaves them exposed.

Thanks.
It would make it very annoying to remove them. Not impossible but certainly make you a tougher target.

Thanks.
I have the 2nd skid and it covers pretty well, enough I would say to be a pretty good deterrent.

That's half the reason I bought it.

Can confirm - its a pretty big deterrent

Agreed, I feel much better parking various places now, pictures of my install, which I also did for cat protection after having one stolen:

Agreed, I feel much better parking various places now, pictures of my install, which I also did for cat protection after having one stolen:

Super helpful. Thank you.

looking at those pics, does a skid under the cats like that increase heat in the cabin at all?

It just looks as if the heat wouldn't be able to dissipate as quickly

looking at those pics, does a skid under the cats like that increase heat in the cabin at all?

Well for one I have a layer of killmatt everywhere, but I haven't noticed any difference. It's also winter time so probably hard to tell

Not exactly comparitive, but with a Slee belly pan in the hot deserts here...no. Maybe scientifically speaking, there's a difference in cabin temp? But I haven't noticed any difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom