ASFIR Skid plates and front bumper (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey there, -
Front skid-plate (558055) - 22 lbs
Gear skid-plate (558063) - 40 lbs
Transfer skid-plate (558067) - 22 lbs
and in total - 84 lbs

Hopes this helps :) lmk if there's anything else we can help with.
Best,
Reut @ ASFIR
Thank you @ASFIR 4X4

Where is the groups opinion on ASFIR after having them and using them some?

I need to get a new set with my fiberglass being broken. I don't wheel enough to justify the Slee and Dissent prices but don't want something I'm going to regret.
They do their job and look good from the front. The sides look unfinished to me with a big open gap that mud gets in, whereas other brands have more material that covers and attaches the sides. For the price, worth it; although I will probably buy a different brand that covers this area.

4A532F09-CB45-4A90-A66D-D68598D44CD5.jpeg

They do their job and look good from the front. The sides look unfinished to me with a big open gap that mud gets in, whereas other brands have more material that covers and attaches the sides. For the price, worth it; although I will probably buy a different brand that covers this area.

View attachment 2610519
Hey, thanks for your feedback.
As it is the skids "job" to protect the underbody of the vehicle it is not meant (in our perspective) to be entirely closed - this will make the mud / dirt / little rocks / etc that found their way in to stay there. The original protection, for that matter, isn't entirely closed either. From our experience, the skid best serves the need when it is designed like this. Of course every manufacturer has its own philosophy on needs and design :)

Hey, thanks for your feedback.
As it is the skids "job" to protect the underbody of the vehicle it is not meant (in our perspective) to be entirely closed - this will make the mud / dirt / little rocks / etc that found their way in to stay there. The original protection, for that matter, isn't entirely closed either. From our experience, the skid best serves the need when it is designed like this. Of course every manufacturer has its own philosophy on needs and design :)
I'd agree with @ASFIR 4X4 that the skid plate is designed to protect form the damage by hard object like rocks. Soft object like mud shouldn't cause any damage. Actually unless it's fully sealed, it's impossible to prevent mud/water/duct/etc from entering, and one of the advantage of the big open at side makes it much easier to clean such mess. Also make it easier for oil change without removing the plate I guess.

@ASFIR 4X4 any updates on the fuel tank skid?
Unfortunately no :/ It's a bit more complicated with not having a gas model (or a lot of 100 series for that matter) in Israel.
We only release a product when we are certain it has a 100% fit and after it is tested on the vehicle itself.

We'll try and push it forward and promise we'll give you updates if there's any progress with the project.

Unfortunately no :/ It's a bit more complicated with not having a gas model (or a lot of 100 series for that matter) in Israel.
We only release a product when we are certain it has a 100% fit and after it is tested on the vehicle itself.

We'll try and push it forward and promise we'll give you updates if there's any progress with the project.
I don’t think anyone offers a fuel tank skid for our trucks. Looking underneath, I don’t see any reasonable way of attaching it.

I don’t think anyone offers a fuel tank skid for our trucks. Looking underneath, I don’t see any reasonable way of attaching it.
It would likely have to be a complete stock replacement and utilizing the stock tank straps (whether new or used).

View attachment 2610519
gives access to the oil filter at least

Any discount on shipping (or order) for multiple products? I put in quantity 2 skid plates, shipping is 2x,
Thanks,

Kevin.

Any discount on shipping (or order) for multiple products? I put in quantity 2 skid plates, shipping is 2x,
Thanks,

Kevin.
Email and ask them. Their customer service is very good.

I received the set today and thought I'd throw the front one on 'real quick'. I have a slee diff drop. It appears the skid holes into the diff drop will need to be elongated about 1/4 inch to the rear, which isn't going to leave much there, but don't see any other option.

Also, has anyone had any issues with contact with ac condenser? Mine seems really close to it.

No diff drop on mine and I also had to elongate the back holes by that amount for fitment on a stock setup. I remember having the same concern about the AC condenser, but that minimal clearance doesn’t seem to be an issue because it is solidly fixed to the crossmember.

Ok, thanks. I saw where some had a few firment issues, but thought they were mainly on the other two plates. Oh well..

I received the set today and thought I'd throw the front one on 'real quick'. I have a slee diff drop. It appears the skid holes into the diff drop will need to be elongated about 1/4 inch to the rear, which isn't going to leave much there, but don't see any other option.

Also, has anyone had any issues with contact with ac condenser? Mine seems really close to it.
Are you using the spacers?

CFD68891-E8C3-40C3-BE3F-63959D8F7B77.jpeg

I will once I get the hole to line up. That is another thing that could be better with the skid though. The lightweight spacer included isn't going to cut it for a lifting point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom