ASFIR Skid plates and front bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I received the set today and thought I'd throw the front one on 'real quick'. I have a slee diff drop. It appears the skid holes into the diff drop will need to be elongated about 1/4 inch to the rear, which isn't going to leave much there, but don't see any other option.

Also, has anyone had any issues with contact with ac condenser? Mine seems really close to it.

No diff drop on mine and I also had to elongate the back holes by that amount for fitment on a stock setup. I remember having the same concern about the AC condenser, but that minimal clearance doesn’t seem to be an issue because it is solidly fixed to the crossmember.

Ok, thanks. I saw where some had a few firment issues, but thought they were mainly on the other two plates. Oh well..

I received the set today and thought I'd throw the front one on 'real quick'. I have a slee diff drop. It appears the skid holes into the diff drop will need to be elongated about 1/4 inch to the rear, which isn't going to leave much there, but don't see any other option.

Also, has anyone had any issues with contact with ac condenser? Mine seems really close to it.
Are you using the spacers?

CFD68891-E8C3-40C3-BE3F-63959D8F7B77.jpeg

I will once I get the hole to line up. That is another thing that could be better with the skid though. The lightweight spacer included isn't going to cut it for a lifting point.

I got a front skid plate for my stock height LX a little more than a year ago. Great fit and finish. I think I may have need to get a longer center bolt. Seems to be about the same weight as the stock piece.

Not at the moment i'm sorry.. :)
A few suggestions for the front skid. Make the rear holes slotted. This makes it easier do put on by sliding it on to half screwed bolts, and levering up. I think that would also help to alleviate back to front bolt hole fit issues. To make that work the overall length needs to be just slightly shorter.

A few suggestions for the front skid. Make the rear holes slotted. This makes it easier do put on by sliding it on to half screwed bolts, and levering up. I think that would also help to alleviate back to front bolt hole fit issues. To make that work the overall length needs to be just slightly shorter.
Thank you! If you have pics / diagrams to send us it will be great.
We usually don't make changes to our products without R&D in our manufacturing factory / by one of our representitives, but we are always happy to learn from your experience.

Cheers :cool:

Thank you! If you have pics / diagrams to send us it will be great.
We usually don't make changes to our products without R&D in our manufacturing factory / by one of our representitives, but we are always happy to learn from your experience.

Cheers :cool:

I did this to mine to get it to fit with the slee diff drop. Rather than trying to just elongate the holes to the rear, I just slotted them. Added benefit is as stated above, being able to slide it onto already started bolts.

I did this to mine to get it to fit with the slee diff drop. Rather than trying to just elongate the holes to the rear, I just slotted them. Added benefit is as stated above, being able to slide it onto already started bolts.
Sounds great! Do you have pics or something to share?

I did this to mine to get it to fit with the slee diff drop. Rather than trying to just elongate the holes to the rear, I just slotted them. Added benefit is as stated above, being able to slide it onto already started bolts
I will do this. I think I have a similar looking custom-made skidpan on my Tacoma with slotted rear holes.

Slotted mine as well

Received my front skid plate yesterday and threw it on last night. I as well am not able to get the rear bolts in without elongating the holes. Fiddled with it for about a half hour before I decided just to leave them out for now. I have a couple broken bolts to drill out under there anyway.

Unfortunately no :/ It's a bit more complicated with not having a gas model (or a lot of 100 series for that matter) in Israel.
We only release a product when we are certain it has a 100% fit and after it is tested on the vehicle itself.

My 100 is available for shipment to Israel to use for test fitment. I'll even drive it over from the port. :cool:

I guess slots can mean two different things: they can be elongated holes that make up for the seeming misalignment of the predrilled holes to bolt on to at least some of our vehicles, or elongated holes that reach the end of the plates to make attachment easier.

Valid point. I elongated mine all the way through so they are open to the rear. Make installation easy by putting the bolts halfway in and sliding the rear of the skid plate in then bolt up front, followed by tightening the rear

Makes me wonder if the fitment varies by year. I bought the front and mid skids and they bolted right up to my 2006 LC with zero issues other than needed a longer middle bolt for the front...the one with the tall spacer underneath. Might be better if you all ID the year and LX vs LC so people know if they might have an issue or not.

Last edited:
I only have the front installed and middle crossbeam thingy installed right now, but both fit with no problems. I have a 2004 LX470. I haven’t around to putting the actual middle plate on, so we’ll see how that goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom