Asfir Skid Plate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wxm

Threads
Thinking of pulling trigger on Asfir 80 series skid plate for my 96 LX. I like the fact they are light weight. I don’t really wheel much, but just came back from a trip with a portion of rough trail (was a bit nervous, fortunately only the hitch receiver hit a rock). Anyway I am wondering anyone has try these on a LX450. The manufacture said they only they are bolted on to 80 series LC, but did not tested on LX.

The LX and Land Cruiser have the same under carriage bolt pattern for the skid plate. The Iron Pig skid plate bolted right up to my LX.

The 1/4” aluminum on the Asfir skid plates will be fine for your intended use. If you move to an area with lots of rocks, the softer aluminum would get beat up quicker.

To be clear, is this the kit you’re looking at? I’ve never seen the Asfir products.

If you add an additional plate of UHMWPE on the Aluminum they will slide right off any rocks.

Last edited:
The LX and Land Cruiser have the same under carriage bolt pattern for the skid plate. The Iron Pig skid plate bolted right up to my LX.

The 1/4” aluminum on the Asfir skid plates will be fine for your intended use. If you move to an area with lots of rocks, the softer aluminum would get beat up quicker.

To be clear, is this the kit you’re looking at? I’ve never seen the Asfir products.

That’s it.

I installed the transmission skid plate this summer on the 97 LX. It shipped quickly from Israel and was packaged well. Fasteners are included and communication from Leonard Solomon regarding shipping was timely.
The front edge required a half moon material removal to allow for front driveshaft clearance at full droop.

I agree with @Rusty Marlin

If I were doing skid plates I would go with something like this and add some UHMWPE to the aluminum.

That would keep them light weight but the plastic would definitely slide over rocks better than the aluminum.

I installed the transmission skid plate this summer on the 97 LX. It shipped quickly from Israel and was packaged well. Fasteners are included and communication from Leonard Solomon regarding shipping was timely.
The front edge required a half moon material removal to allow for front driveshaft clearance at full droop.
Thanks for the response. The fitness is my main concern. Could you explain the “half moon material removal”, I am not sure I followed. Also about the frame thread. Do you have the tap the hole as it seems to me o my one hole on each side is threaded.

On my 97 LX all holes in frame were threaded. The front edge of the skid plate follows the contour of the frame as it starts to rise upwards. if you put a straight edge across the frame while front suspension at full droop you will see how close the rear of the front drive can be. I took out a semi-circle approximately 1x2 inch.

On my 97 LX all holes in frame were threaded. The front edge of the skid plate follows the contour of the frame as it starts to rise upwards. if you put a straight edge across the frame while front suspension at full droop you will see how close the rear of the front drive can be. I took out a semi-circle approximately 1x2 inch.
Thanks again. Do you happen to know the thread pitch of the frame holes?

As my 96 LX came with a factory steel cover plate for the transfer case, I am contemplating to only get the oil pan and transmission skid plate and skip the rear piece. Any thoughts?

I've seen these Asfir skid plates on an 80 series. They are well made and offer good protection. I would not hesitate to use on a truck that is a light duty wheeler.
They will provide sufficient protection, light weight and good strength for most uses

I've seen these Asfir skid plates on an 80 series. They are well made and offer good protection. I would not hesitate to use on a truck that is a light duty wheeler.
They will provide sufficient protection, light weight and good strength for most uses
Thanks. I think I am going to get the engine and tranny plates. Still deciding whether to keep the stock transfer plate or replace it with the Asfir transfer case skid plate.

I would buy the tcase skid before the others.
Don’t like the stock transfer cover plate. It seems to be decent.

Just to provide an update. I finally decided move forward with the 3 pieces Asfir kits. The shopping experience was pleasant. The sale team was very professional and straightforward about untested fitting for LX450.

I can confirm the bolt patterns are the same for LC and LX, so the fitting isn’t an issue.

The middle Asifr piece for tranny cover bolted right on with nearly no effort. I did clear the threads of the nuts behind the frame with an m10 re-threader. The front one (for oil pan) took a bit effort, as one of the wire was anchored using one of the hole. I did not want the wire hanging, so I drill a same size in on Asfir’s mounting bracket and mount the cable tie into the new hole on asfir mounting bracket. It came out really nice.

The installation of the asfir rear plate (for the transfer case) was nearly a nightmare, the frame bracket was a bit too wide, I had to bent it inward a bit to make it fit. Ok still not big deal, then for life of me that I could not figure out how the m12 bolts on top of the bracket could fit into the holes on the side of the frame. After more hours trying and fitting, i the end I concluded the bolts were not meant to fit inside the holes, and I don’t like to pinch them on the frame which may result long term rust, I just left them out. If there were some instruction, it could be a big help.

If it comes around again. I’d definitely get the middle plate and possibly the front one as well. If your truck comes with the stock transfer skid plate like mine does, I would probably just leave the stock plate and skip the rear Asfir plate to avoid the all the fuss and expense.
58E30A80-5777-4143-820C-43179C4822CA.jpeg

4DFC41D0-5EC9-4136-89B6-59C5B5985722.jpeg

EEBED80E-B588-4213-86F9-8032E3F21B22.jpeg

E0E8F7CD-98A2-41A9-823E-C3F20981996D.jpeg

06CE174E-01DE-497A-AE0A-23D0E9D77957.jpeg

Last edited:
additional hole on front mounting bracket to accommodate the wire tie.

85A4F592-453A-49AF-9195-D924167F8855.jpeg

64A0A296-3495-41F1-9020-9702B43A917B.jpeg

the gear box and transfer case skid plates don’t fit because they hit my front drive shaft… since I can’t find anyone else with this issue it has me wondering if my drive shaft is out of position for some reason?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom