Asain Carb Identification Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a carb on my work bench I bought some time ago, I think the PO said it was off a 74 FJ 40. I cant remember thought. Scarry since Im only 27. anyway.

It is a an Asain two Barrel Carb.
Looking from the top down there are the two fuel line connections. Then the Toyota Logo. Then Stamped in it reads ISO 3K 28.

There is one tab possible from the factory or a rebuild tab. Probably TIN or aluminum. It has the Numbers 60205

The bottom plate or piece of the carb is stamped with the number 2.

any ideas as to Month Year of this unit??

THanks again.

PS its also for sale. $80 bucks plus shipping, it is missing the diaphram.

any pictures? if not try looking on sor.com and match it up they have good 360 degree pictures of most all the stock carbs

I have photos but too big to post. I can email them to someone if they can help.

I should have been more clear about the logo, :slap: It is the one Landpimp uses in his avitar. stamped into it. so I dont think its a fake.

On the spector page it mostly resembles the 3/73-12/74 with no EGR.

I was just wondering if there was a way to confim based off of the numbers stamped into it, versus it looks like this one so it is this one.

[quote author=Zetasig link=board=1;threadid=10483;start=msg93854#msg93854 date=1074773325]
Then Stamped in it reads ISO 3K 28.
[/quote] 3K28 means November 28, 1973.

Someone Buy that Man a :beer:

Thanks for the help.

Now does anyone need one.???

make an offer.

[quote author=JasonH link=board=1;threadid=10483;start=msg93910#msg93910 date=1074785358]
3K28 means November 28, 1973.
[/quote]

is this how you read it? 3 for 1973, K for 11th month(nov) 28 for day of month............very cool :)

60205 is the tag number for a 21100-60205 carburetor. Used on F engines from September 1973 to January 1975 (federal emissions)

D-

[quote author=Zetasig link=board=1;threadid=10483;start=msg93901#msg93901 date=1074784332]
I should have been more clear about the logo, :slap: It is the one Landpimp uses in his avitar. stamped into it. so I dont think its a fake.
[/quote]

I was kidding about the "fake", but to be honest, I don't remember the "TEQ" being stamped on my Aisen carb. Where is that stamp located on the carb?

It is stamped in about 1/2 an inch away from the two brass Fuel connections. If you look at the carb from the top the stamp is about 1/4 inch by 1/4 inch. then just below it are the serial numbers.

Thanks.

Questions on '74 CA Carb

I've got a -74 California carb that matches this one on Specter's page.

http://www.sor.com/sor/cat042-carbp...retion&descriptionpg.ctx=Page 042 Carburetion

The first, third and fourth pictures on this page shows a vacuum line running from the carb base to a diaphragm assembly. What's that for? Should mine be set up like this? My tube to the diqaphragm goes to my (mostly) capped off VSV assembly.

Also, are these carbs vacuum advance? The second picture shows the brass port on the carb base, and when I rev the engine, my vacuum guage shows I am pulling vacuum there. Can I run this to my GM HEI distributor?

Thanks -

Rocky

Just so folks know where to look here is a pic id the stamping in the front of the carb.

There is a TEQ stamped there...
LakeCarbDate.jpg

Looks like someone thought the float was stuck and tried the "beat on it" approach. Unless that is one of the very rare forged carbs;)

Ed

Yep! Hand forged from pure recycled airplane skins! Actually you are correct, those are wrench marks from 'tapping lightly' to free the @$@%$% float!

This is a spare carb I got. Came with a motor too! Thinking of sending it to Jim C. for some magic tuning.

Yep! Hand forged from pure recycled airplane skins! Actually you are correct, those are wrench marks from 'tapping lightly' to free the @$@%$% float!

This is a spare carb I got. Came with a motor too! Thinking of sending it to Jim C. for some magic tuning.

Shop Tip:
Mark, save yourself some postage and remove the engine from the carb before sending it to JimC.;) :D

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom