as seen on ebay whats it worth ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
this was on ebay and did not meet min bid, From the discription what do you think the front axle is worth ? its close enough I can pick it up so shipping is free err well price of gass. What does it cost to rebuild the calipers if they are fubar. is there a way to check if they are good ?

FOR BID IS ONE USED FJ-40 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER FRONT DIFFERENTAL WITH DISC BRAKES. THE ONLY NUMBER'S FOUND ON THE DIFFERENTAL ARE (41111-6001). I BELIVE THAT THIS DIFFERENTAL CAME OFF A 1975 FJ-40. THE LOCKING HUBS ARE MISSING. ALSO THE TIE ROD BETWEEN THE HUB ASSEMBLY IS ALSO NOT THERE. THE ROTORS ARE NICE AND THICK AND DON'T APPEAR TO BE SCORED. THE PINION IS TIGHT AND EVERYTHING MOVES FREELY. THE CALIPER'S ARE THERE BUT NOT SURE OF THE CONDTION

Mostly depends on what you are looking for... to rebuild knuckes(bearings and seals) $120 brakes $50 differental bearings $80 so for ~$ 250 you get a rebuilt disk brake set-up. I 've seen used Knuckle setup selling for $200 to $400 or more and you have to rebuild them too! If you are looking for a disk brake setup I think the $200 range is a good deal...more than $400 would be hard to take. If you need a differental too then add another $100 or so. I am assuming you'll just install the part in/on your axle. New hubs are $130. What part or swaps are you looking for and how much of the setup would just collect dust in the garage....The more you will need or use the more it is worth to you.

I could be wrong, but I think 76 was the first year for disk brakes. although they may have swapped things around.

my 4/75 doesn't have front disc (yet)

Stroker - is yours titled as a 75?

I was also under the impression that 76 model year was the first year for disc brakes

krushr

Everything I've read says 76 was first year for discs. But thats for a 55

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom