As requested! Before and after pics of shackle lift. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nice looking rig!! like the rims also I love'em!!! thank's for the pics and the info I'll be doing these to in a few weeks except for the tires:frown: I wish I have the money for the tires but that's another story.

Looks great! Are those stock springs you have there and are you getting ready to add-a-leaf?

Yes the springs are stock, and I am getting ready to install the AAL's. Probably next saturday. I already have them sittin at the shop. Should give me about another 1.5-2 inches. Thanks!

How much longer are the new shackles? Or can you measure the total length for me? I think I may build my own in the machine shop. I like that look a lot. Good job. Does it handle any better or worse? Does it feel safe at higher speeds?

Total the are 4 inches longer. It seems to handle fine so far, but I've only put about 25 miles on it since I put the tires on it yesterday. I actually think the ride improved oddly enough. It stiffened up some and actually took some body roll away. I know that is opposite of the norm, but that's how she feels. Maybe it's topping the shocks out. Who knows. Gonna be changing them soon. As far as making shackles, I don't know if you can make them for what I bought those for. They were only like 32 or 34 bucks a pair from Southwest4x4.net, and they're stout. I was more than impressed when I took them out of the box. Check em out.

Total the are 4 inches longer. It seems to handle fine so far, but I've only put about 25 miles on it since I put the tires on it yesterday. I actually think the ride improved oddly enough. It stiffened up some and actually took some body roll away. I know that is opposite of the norm, but that's how she feels. Maybe it's topping the shocks out. Who knows. Gonna be changing them soon. As far as making shackles, I don't know if you can make them for what I bought those for. They were only like 32 or 34 bucks a pair from Southwest4x4.net, and they're stout. I was more than impressed when I took them out of the box. Check em out.

Wow, those are cheap. Thanks!

Yea. Like I said, by the time you bought the materials and spent the time doing the cutting and welding, you can't touch it. They even sent all new grade 8 nuts and bolts. All you have to buy extra is bushings if yours are bad. Mine were actually still in pretty nice shape, so I didn't worry about it yet, but usually you're better off to just go ahead and do it while you're there.

Not yet. When I put the add a leafs in next week I am going to take it in and have the alignment checked.

hey mtb,
could we get a front & back shot of your rig? i've got a 2" lift w/ 31" tires on my truck. i've never considered 33's, but pics of your rig are totally inspiring me to go bigger. thx.

i

Did you use 2" shackles for the front and rear or did use shorter shackles on the front?

thanks

I used 2" lift shackles front and rear, though the rears are longer. OEM shackles are longer in rear as well. The aftermarkets have the same ratio of length, just each 4" longer than stock.

hey mtb,
could we get a front & back shot of your rig? i've got a 2" lift w/ 31" tires on my truck. i've never considered 33's, but pics of your rig are totally inspiring me to go bigger. thx.

i

I will take some in a little bit and try to post tonight. Watch this thread for the update.

I used 2" lift shackles front and rear, though the rears are longer. OEM shackles are longer in rear as well. The aftermarkets have the same ratio of length, just each 4" longer than stock.

thanks for the reply. It appears your rig is fairly level now, I assume the larger rear shackle corrected the sag.

Your 62 looks 100% better! In your prelift pics it looks like a grampa ride, now its a sweet ride!

I like those wheels, very unique. 8.5" wide correct? With that, I found the thread :D

thanks for the reply. It appears your rig is fairly level now, I assume the larger rear shackle corrected the sag.

No. It was level before the lift, and still level afterward. The parking lot in front of the shop is sloped, so it may appear to be ass low, but this is just an optical illusion. Like I said, the stock rear shackles are longer than the front rear shackles. It is the way the rig was built and set up from the factory. The aftermarket shackles have the same ratio of difference. The rears are 4 inches longer than stock, 2 inches of lift, and fronts are 4 inches longer than stock, 2 inches of lift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom