As promised...pics of the new 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here are some pics of the 74' 40 i picked up this past weekend. After doing some talking to my buddy i got it from and looking around the truck here is what i found out.

New Skyjacker soft ride
New Exhaust
rebuilt carb and front end work
new gas tank
York compressor and A/C
Still has original radio

i can't wait to start working on her. She's a lil' rough on the floor pans and tub but nothing that can't be fixed. From the cowl to the front bumper its in great shape. Frame is still solid with just surface rust.

Enjoy..

Last edited:
few more...

Last edited:
The floor pans, mid area and maybe the tub needs to be replaced. That is just about the only problems areas with the exception of it needs to be painted. Wife has already picked out the color!!

I just through a new battery in the truck and the lights, wipers came on and that was pretty cool to see considering the truck hasn't seen life in about 2-3 years.

Just wondering what you paid for it... if you dont mind. Just trying to see what the actual prices are compared to the crazy dream prices some people ask.

thanks! looks like a great project, with minimal work needed to really come to life!

Rezarf <><

The tub is not rusted through so i am happy about that. I already have rear jump seats and the guy gave me front seats out of a toyota supra. And no i don't mind you asking how much i paid for it....$1000. That also included everything i have listed so far as well as a Kayline soft top and doors and a extra set of 35x12.5 tires. I am going to start with the changing of all the fluids this weekend.

Those Supra seats should be an easy swap, I've got '94 Celica seats in my 40. I just picked up some 2" flat bar and ran it between the factory brackets ... narrower buckets bolted right to it (cut the rear brackets off the rails). Big improvement!

Tucker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom