Builds Aryan's 09 LX570 Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everybody. My name is Aryan and I have recently satisfied my long awaited craving for an off road capable vehicle by purchasing this beauty. It is a 2009 LX570, black on black, with 218,000 KM on the odometer at time of purchase, full dealer service history, as well as, no accidents for the icing on the cake. I purchased it back in December 2018 and have put 4000 KM on it ever since. Living in Toronto, Canada and seeing a decent amount of snow for the past 3 months, I am in awe with its performance. Completely in love with its capabilities and space. Prior to its purchase I have been considering potential Jeep Wranglers and Subaru Imperzas (STI/WRX), but I am so grateful for not purchasing neither of those. The combination of its luxurious interior and its off roading capabilities always puts an smile on my face (or faces when carrying seven people!)

The transition in between my previous vehicle to this has been very interesting. Previously, I loved a 2014 3.0 litre Audi A5 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, where I lived for six years. It was stock for its first year and eventually by making friends in the car community I ended up making few changes. It all started with KW Variant 3 coil overs paired with Vossen VLE-1. Once its stability was refined and I demanded more power and quicker response from its stock 272 bhp drivetrain, I upgraded its supercharger pulley, air intake and air filter, as well as, remapping to revo stage 1+ for its ecu and revo s-tronic remap for its transmission in exchange of 418 bhp and lotta fines. I really loved how quick it was and I could never imagine myself driving a truck. However, it all changed when I had to move. Due to the restrictions of the Canadian customs I could not bring it with me, since it was a GCC spec vehicle and did not qualify for importing. So it was time for me to kiss it good bye and let someone else enjoy it. Upon my first test drive of the LX570, I was surprised by its 5.7 litre engine pulling all that weight in such ease. As a matter of fact, it took me a while to tame my heavy foot and to adjust my driving habits. I was also impressed by its height. Specially switching from a static and stupidly low sports car to a gigantic godzilla. In which, I have the choice of multiple ride heights, in combination to different suspension settings. I am in love again. This time with a truck. I would even love it more, if it didn't have worn out tires and probably brighter headlights. Since I plan to explore Ontario's trails, I would like to have more traction in mud and in general anywhere off road. Hence, while I was looking for new tires, I ended up falling in love with Stealth Custom Series Ray 10 wheels. Me being me, I ended up purchasing them in 18x9 6.0 +25mm setup. In combination to Yokohama 33"x12.5" Geolander M/T G003. (Thanks to everybody with their respective recommendations here). As for the lighting, I have ordered a pair of Baja Designs Squadron Sport to be swapped with the OEM fog lights. Here are my favourite pictures of my previous build until I receive the wheels, tires, and the leds to start the build on upcoming Monday:

Congrats on the LX. I'm currently looking for an LX570 as well. I'm also in Ontario and used to drive and Audi (S3). :)

One questions though: what did you inspect in the car before purchase? did you take it to a shop?

Thank you @LXCruza and everyone else for your likes and impressions. Glad to find a fellow Ontario citizen on the forum!

I was quite lucky with my LX570, it had one owner since its purchase and the person had taken care of it extensively. Initially, I asked for a CarFax report to have an understanding of its history, and then from there I checked its VIN against Toyota/Lexus service centres that it had visited to confirm its service history and to get more insights on the jobs performed on the vehicle.

In terms of parts to inspect, my main concerns were its drivetrain and suspension (AHC) to be in good shape. This is still new to me and I am yet to explore it more to gain a better understanding. I am sure other members have much more insightful comments in regards to what parts to look after. Personally for my protection, I have purchased Lubrico Driver's Shield Warranty for safety of my pocket, should anything mechanical go wrong.

As for taking it to a shop, I have used McDermott Motors TireCraft to check the vehicle prior to its purchase. For anything that requires custom jobs, I am using Cyrious Garageworks, in Oakville. I love their builds and currently have the LX570 with them to take care of the current build. I should be able to share more pictures and details of the jobs done by end of today.

Excuse the potato quality pictures. I have been super busy this week and thought I would share the following until its sunny outside, where I can do some proper pictures to keep up with the bar Robert Lintescu has set up.

As you can recall in my earlier posts, I have decided to go with Stealth Custom Series Ray 10 - 18x9 6.0 +25mm wheels wrapped around Yokohama 33"x12.5" Geolander M/T G003. Referring back to @TeCKis300 advise in his post here, my specified setup would have required modifications to make it fit. And he was absolutely right.

The good people at Cyrious Garageworks had to remove the front's rear mudflaps and bend the bracket that holds the liner to the front bumper in order to push it 3" forward. Next, was to use a heat gun to massage the rest of the liners to avoid any potential rubbing. I have been driving the car for the past four days (approximately 380 kms) and have not noticed any rubbing issues while driving nor while inspecting the wheel well area. I understand that I have gone with an aggressive setup and the following are just my two cents for anyone who is planning to go the same route in the future and is wondering about the difference:
  • The ride quality feels a little bit stiffer and of course not as humble as the OEM 20" wheels.
  • There are more cabin rattling noises for loose items, where the road has a lot of potholes.
  • The AHC takes longer than usual to change from high setting to neutral!?!?!?
  • There are not noticeable tyre noises up until 60-70 km/h, however, beyond that there is definitely the humming noise of the chunky mud tyres.
Overall, its still way more comfortable than your average sedan, definitely looks better than the OEM setup (in my opinion), and absolutely more stable. Hopefully, I will be able to hit some trails during April and provide more feedback in off-road settings. In the next post, I will do a little write up for the for Baja Designs Squadron and their fitment. Thank you again for your valuable feedback and enabling me to make this decision!

That's a mean and scrappy looking LX! All business. In a tux.

Yes, more pics please!

Wow, it looks great! I'd go the exact same route once I buy mine in few weeks :)

@tbisaacs, Are you talking about the (manual) sensor adjustment or software changes through OBDII? I'd love to know what we can tweak via OBD on LX's.

Wow, it looks great! I'd go the exact same route once I buy mine in few weeks :)

@tbisaacs, Are you talking about the (manual) sensor adjustment or software changes through OBDII? I'd love to know what we can tweak via OBD on LX's.

Manual adjustment

If you don't mind me asking? How much did you pay for a LX with 200k+ kms in Ontario where it's incredibly salty?

If you don't mind me asking? How much did you pay for a LX with 200k+ kms in Ontario where it's incredibly salty?

Hi,

I just purchased a 2009 LX570. I'm actually thinking I might go with a 100 series instead. If you think might be interested I can send you more info.

And sorry to hijack the thread haha.. Aryan your LX is looking good.

Apologies for the late post, its been crazy with client deliverables lately. Anyway here are some pictures and tips about the Baja Designs Squadrun Sport installation. Apparently if you order the Tacoma mounting kit, it is a 99% fit and makes the installation very easy. @eatSleepWoof has a beautiful demonstration of this on his 2014 LX here.

Obviously back then I did not know about his post and had to go through a different route to make the installation more challenging for the good people at Cyrious Garageworks. There were two ways to mount the LEDs. Either to go flush with the bumper as seen in the 1st and 2nd picture, which would cause the fogs to be ~20 degrees off centre and more pointed to the sides and toward the up coming traffic. Next option's to mount them a bit further back as seen in 3rd and 4th picture to have them point straight forward.

I chose to go with the fogs pointing forward and Cyrious Garageworks was able to create a solid custom housing for them to eliminate the gap and have them sit tight there. See 5th picture for reference. I have driven them through rain and snow for the past 2 weeks and they have performed great. Improved visibility in all condition. Not to mention the JDM amber look hahaha. Please note that I have the driving/combo lens, which is friendlier to the upcoming traffic in comparison to the wide cornering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom