Armrest? Cupholders? Both (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is what I've been using in my '62. Driving experience is much improved.

x1.jpg
x7.jpg

Looks great. Did you make it or buy it?

I like the added height. Seems like it makes for a much more useable armrest now.

How does it install? Clamped to the lid?

Thanks.

Looks good. Also curious how/who made it and how it is secured.

Do not all FJ62's have factory cupholders?

upload_2015-6-10_20-42-30.png

I've often thought a cool bumper sticker for the 60 62 series would be " not one cup holder"! I don't remember being so dehydrated in the eighties and early nineties.

I guess I just assumed that everybody else uses their "center console" as a drink holder. A 12 oz. can with a cozy around it fits perfectly, as does my coffee mug. The only thing I've ever used the factory 'cupholders' for is spare change, hair ties & ATM receipts.

I use my fabulous factory cup holders all the time but I am totally copying this mod! Hoping the OP will chime in some dimensions and sourest for the cup recesses.

Now all we need is for some dick to post a pic not having factory cup holders because, instead, in that place he has the coveted OEM cable locker latches made from unicorn hair and fairy scales.

Looks great. Did you make it or buy it?

I like the added height. Seems like it makes for a much more useable armrest now.

How does it install? Clamped to the lid?

Thanks.

Looks good. Also curious how/who made it and how it is secured.

I didn't make it or buy it.

"Musthave" on the 80's forum buit it. https://forum.ih8mud.com/members/musthave.92609/

I tried out some of the prototypes for him. I was sure it had to be easy to remove, (which it is) but I don't ever take it off, it works too well. And my passengers love it even more.

Now all we need is for some dick to post a pic not having factory cup holders because, instead, in that place he has the coveted OEM cable locker latches made from unicorn hair and fairy scales.
Ahh, you mean these...? :D
uploadfromtaptalk1434041149833.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom