Armored 200 blown up. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

"...in related news, the governor's truck is still running well, and was driven to the bazaar where it is expected to fetch a good price."

Last edited:
"...in related news, the governor's truck is still running well, and was driven to the bazaar where it is expected to fetch a good price."
..though a large part of the government budget goes toward fuel for it.

I’m always interested to see these things armored up in the sandbox... sorry it didnt work out for the governor, But the truck does look to not be in that bad of shape. A little bondo and elbow grease and it will be good as new...

Don't click on the Uighur cotton article in the sidebar, SMH

Might still run.

I’m always interested to see these things armored up in the sandbox... sorry it didnt work out for the governor, But the truck does look to not be in that bad of shape. A little bondo and elbow grease and it will be good as new...
As they say in the offroad world "That'll buff out"

It's crazy how most of the body panels are remarkably still intact, yet it blew the bumper covers off. Even the windows look like you could pop them back into the frames. Wonder where they "stuck" the sticky bomb?

This photo showing the crater makes me think it was on the undercarraige.
ap_kabul_attack.jpg

I can’t remember if I ever shared these with MUD. Last Summer, I had the opportunity to go down to South America. Found out that a friend of a friend was DEA and worked at the US embassy. What a friend to make! Armored 200 series courtesy of the US government.

2ED0B543-97F5-4B2C-8912-AF214CD1ACE9.jpeg

F92175AB-0E0B-43AF-8642-EA59B5485E68.jpeg

50368BE4-FC8F-4569-966C-7BF8FB3DDAD3.jpeg

EDE0BB8C-4259-4195-A8AA-305B1DDED72E.jpeg

Notice the thickness of the glass. Only driver side window rolled down about an inch. Also the writing on the side mirrors was in Arabic.

This particular country had a rule about how many armored vehicles could be on the road at a given time. So, when they needed to replace an armored embassy vehicle, they had to disassemble the whole thing and cut it up so that it could not be used for parts. Armored Reinforcement was so strong that no conventional Car crusher could destroy it. They had to take it apart piece by piece and cut up

4943BBA3-902B-403B-A2DF-5042E7E37218.jpeg

2553CCAD-E965-4D55-818A-0B904995885B.jpeg

D532A8A4-4BDD-48C2-8D26-60CFD746D04A.jpeg

$200k truck rolling on steel wheels. Awesome

I did see a Armored Land Cruiser 200 at Alibaba 3 Weeks after buying my D4D Landcruiser 200 V8 ^^

Glad that i didnt see it before - to travel armored woulld had let me sleep inside...

overland-vehicle-preparation-overlanding-fahrzeugumbau-offroad-tips-erfahrungen-r%25C3%25BCckblick.JPG

I can’t remember if I ever shared these with MUD. Last Summer, I had the opportunity to go down to South America. Found out that a friend of a friend was DEA and worked at the US embassy. What a friend to make! Armored 200 series courtesy of the US government.

View attachment 2527227

View attachment 2527228

View attachment 2527229

View attachment 2527230

That is really cool to see pics of one, especially the inside. Can’t imagine needing one is a pleasant way to live though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom