For Sale Arkansas: 1999 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Mileage
Color
Black
Selling my 1999 LX470 / Land Cruiser 100 series. This LX has undergone what my mechanic calls somewhat of a mechanical restoration. It has had nearly every single possible major wear item replaced. This rig currently sits at 168,000 miles and is now ready to go another 200,000 miles. This has been a 2nd vehicle for me and only driven on overland and camping trips, so these mods have less than 6,000 miles on them. It has a 2” Old Man Emu lift, 33” BFG K02 All Terrain tires, TJM steel winch bumper, Smittybilt X20 10,000lb winch and a custom cargo storage and sleeping platform built into the rear that folds out and fits a full size mattress as well as a low profile aluminum roof rack crossbars to mount offload accessories such as rotopax or hi lift jacks.

Mechanically it has All new wheel bearings, new rear brakes pads and rotors, new timing belt and water pump assembly, new fan bracket and pully, new drive belt, all new spark plugs coil and wires, new alternator, new heater T’s and worm clamp, new radiator and radiator hoses and fluid, all new master Cylinder brake assembly ($4,000), New AGM group 94 battery, new rear brake calipers, new front seat bottoms, new weather tech floor mats, and new valve cover gaskets and all new valve cover bolts, new hoses and belts, new wiring and plugs, new steering rack and all new fluids within the last 6,000 miles.

This rig is set up to be bomb-proof reliable and is the perfect overland vehicle as it stands or would be an awesome base to build out a serious expedition rig with rear bumpers, sliders and a full roof rack. Engine is strong, transmission is as smooth as butter, AC is super cold and heater works flawlessly. Auto windows and doors work perfectly. Undercarriage is rust free and I apply an undercarriage coating every 6 months to keep it in pristine condition.

Being 21 years old, the rig is not perfect. It does have some pinstriping from the trails, it does have a few nicks and dings in the paint, and the rear bumper has a scrape/scuff on the passenger corner. The sunroof sometimes get’s stuck so I leave it alone and the auto adjusting steering wheel is finicky so I turned off the auto adjusting and don’t mess with it. The rear middle seat bottoms are rough and the center console leather and driver door handle leather have cracks. The rear AC plastic vent cover is missing. The only part of the rig that had any rust was the aftermarket trailer hitch that the original owner added - I’ve wire wheeled it and applied rust converter but if you plan on towing… I would just put on a new trailer hitch.

I've done a lot of reading on how to price this rig and I've come to what I think is a fair and transparent way to price it. The total cost of all the upgrades and the mechanical restoration, as my mechanic called it, was over $14,000 on top of the cost of the truck. For me, the fun has been in the build process and the great adventures I was able to take with it and I know I won’t get all of that money back. Considering all of it has only 6,000 miles on it, I think getting about 60% of what I’ve put into would be fair and reasonable, so I’d like to estimate the worth of my upgrades at $8,500. Bone stock, rust free LX or LC with similar miles and condition with just basic maintenance done and needing some work seem to sell for around $8,000 in my area. So that plus 60% of the $14,400 in upgrades and work I've put into it gives me an asking price at around $16,500. I want to be fair and transparent with how I came to my pricing, so I've attached a screenshot of my maintenance spreadsheet where I track every dollar that goes in to it. I also ran my price by a local guy with a small lot that sells these types of rigs and he said he could sell it for $17k to $18k on his lot and felt my price was a pretty fair starting point being a private party sale.

So, asking $16,500 OBO.
For an asking price offer, I can have the leather rear seat bottoms, center console and driver door handle leather replaced for you before you pick it up.

LX-Exterior-CoverImage.jpg

LX-Exterior-14.jpg

Undercarriage-3.jpg

LX-Interior-9.jpg

LX-Interior-12.jpg

Nice 100. Details of the 4WD system? Also post pics of the seats/areas in question.

It has the center Diff lock and the rear is the Limited slip diff. It's a 99 so it does not have ATRAC. I'll get pics of the seat leather tonight.

Nice 100. Details of the 4WD system? Also post pics of the seats/areas in question.
Here are the photos of the problem areas. The leather areas are the worst part in my opinion, but like i said I can have those fixed for an asking price offer or lower the price $400 if the leather stays as is.

Artboard Copy 2.jpg

Artboard Copy.jpg

Artboard.jpg

Last edited:
That's a solid price.

Nice truck (GLWS)! I'm in the area and couldn't help but notice some of the savings on your maintenance. What mechanic do you use?
Thanks! I was able to get some reduced pricing by having a lot of these items done at the same time. The biggest savings came from buying the master calendar assembly myself and having Toyota install it. Saved me $1500.
The dealer did all the brake work as well as the rear calipers I think they gave me a deal on those as well.

Total Automotive does all my other maintenance and has for all my cars for the past 7 years. Fair and honest pricing and always do a great job. Just be specific if you want OE parts and fluids used and specify what you want.

Still for Sale! Had a number of close offers but still holding out for my asking price for a few weeks.

Nice truck. Would you share some info on the roof rack? Are those factory rails repainted and what are the cross rails?

Nice truck. Would you share some info on the roof rack? Are those factory rails repainted and what are the cross rails?
Sure! I followed a few write ups on Mud to replace my factory crossbars with 10 series aluminum extrusions. It just brings a lot more functionality to the factory roof rack.

Roof rails were painted black To better match.

Truck has sold. Went to a young land cruiser enthusiast buying his first land cruiser with plans to fully build her out. Was excited to get my asking price and buyer felt like he was getting a really good deal so it worked out well for both parties. Sad but excited for the next build!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom