Arizona Strip North Grand Canyon Oct 24 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm planning a weeklong trip to the area north east of the Grand Canyon called the Arizona Strip in the Grand Canyon-Parashant National Monument.

The Arizona Strip is in the North Eastern area above the Grand Canyon. Isolated from the rest of Arizona, there are no paved roads. Most of the trails follow the rims of canyons with spectacular views. It is as remote as it is beautiful. Last year we never saw any other travelers until then end of the week near Toroweap.

Like many parts of the western US deserts, there are many old mines, buildings and abandoned equipment to explore.

We'd start Saturday, October 24th outside Mesquite Nevada and finish the trip October 31st via George Utah. Here is a map from the trip last year: North Grand Canyon Trip Map on Flickr - Photo Sharing! We'd visit a few of the same places from last year.

Most trails are in fair condition with a few washed out rocky parts needing spotting. I don't recommend pulling a trailer.

You'll want to bring extra gas. We will use one morning to drive up to St George for gas in the middle of the week. There are a few county graded roads that can make this a quick trip for a fill up.

We'd camp in a different place each night except at Kelly Point (35.838102° -113.467943° - Google Maps) where we'd stay two nights. One of the places we'd camp during the week is at a lower elevation in the Grand Canyon where there is an easy hike to the Colorado River.

Here are photos from the trip last year:
Arizona Strip - a set on Flickr

Looks like there is space for 3 more vehicles.

That looks like a lot fo fun. Maybe next year...

Keep in mind that lots of us love these kind of trips but only have weekends off... :(

This is JUST MY KIND of trip, and I'd love to explore this area, but...I've been on too many trips lately, and it's time to pay the piper and get some work done.

If anything changes, I'll be sure to let you know!

Two things need to happen for me to go:

1. The 60 gets it's new 2F
2. I don't have to go to France for another tradeshow

I'd love to go though!

Keep in mind that lots of us love these kind of trips but only have weekends off... :(

We'll lets visit Mojave National Preserve once or twice over the next few months.

This is JUST MY KIND of trip, and I'd love to explore this area, but...I've been on too many trips lately, and it's time to pay the piper and get some work done.!

Great, I'm thinking of doing a week long trip sometime in the Spring. My wife would like to see some of the ancient cliff dwelling in Southern Utah.

I feel so sorry for you that you must to go to France for work :)

Be sure to visit Musée des Egouts next time you are in Paris.

I'd love to go though!

Once you get a 2F it should be a quick one weekend engine swap. When are we coming over?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom