Events/Trails Arizona Peace Trail...North end run. November 5-8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where exactly are we meeting in Quartzite?

I'm going up a day early. Rig is mostly loaded. Just need food. I'm thinking of heading out about 11am on Wednesday by way of 8 east. Probably roll into Quartzsite by 3. Then I don't know what. Maybe a motel or camp outside of town??

I am likely not going to get to Quartzite until 10 or 11. I am thinking maybe that Super 8 just as you get into town for me the kiddo.

I am likely not going to get to Quartzite until 10 or 11. I am thinking maybe that Super 8 just as you get into town for me the kiddo.
That might be the plan. I'll stop in at super 8 and check it out when I get there.

So Farrah and I are going to head out about noon on Wednesday. @KTP is going to meet us and drive the 15, 60 to the 10 out to Quartzite. I'm planning on driving about 5 miles out of town on the trail to camp and come back in to town Thursday morning to pick up and Thursday morning arrivals. If you all want to caravan that would be swell. I will not be at the meeting tonight but plan to Zoom in on it.

Where shall we meet in town? I'd meet you out there but my kiddo will certainly be out cold and it will be a long day by the time I get there and don't want to risk not being able to find you.

I am about 99% sure I am going to stay at the Super 8 so can meet you in town at 8AM.

They are supposedly got a staging area but not sure if it's done yet as it was a coming soon. But we can plan on meeting at Plymouth Av and start of the trail...just across from the model plane airfield. Also we will be using club ham comms for this run

If you need the GPX file for the Peace trail there is a copy in members section in the GPX files.

Will check that out.

From street view this is where I thought the turn off was...

1604446074250.png

Either of those

@Cruiser Bauers ,@KTP , @hamilt0n and @Phulcrum all made it out to Quartzite just as dusk was setting. Two went to Super 8 and two went to camp on the trail. The real n starts tomorrow at 0800.

Wow, that was some incredible adventure! I think we got to experience all 4 seasons in one trip. I have loads of pictures to post...

Last edited:
Can't get link to work. :frown::frown:

Getting the link sent to you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom